Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I need some help. I have a 2 year old Honda Ruckus that the first sign i had a problem was the kick start is frozen. Will not turn engine. Next thing i tried to use the battery to start engine and same thing will not turn engine over. Where should i go next? should i remove engine and start there??????:stumped:

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

1st thing I would do is remove the spark plug and fill the cylinder with PB Blaster, then replace the plug. Inspect the oil and level.

2 days later, I would remove the drive belt cover and put a socket on the end of the crankshaft and see if it moves.

www.urbanscootin.com might be of more assistance

·
Administrator
26,570 Posts
imported post

The cylinder may be full of gas, remove the plug and try turning it.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

When's the last time it ran? Pull the plug and try to turn it over..... don't know Ruckus, can you flash a light into the cylinder? See down there? Is there oil in the crankcase?

Very rare for a Honda to freeze up if it had oil and structural integrity. Were you the last to ride it? Did it shut down normally, or stop in mid-traffic?

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
imported post

I have one and I betcha I know what the problem is. Take the kick start cover off and grease everything real good. It gets gummed up and locks the whole system up tight.

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
imported post

I have a bud who has one.
It was ridden only 3.5 hours and BANG!
Clutch bolt worked loose and went right through the case.

He's lucky I decided to ride with him from Milwaukee to Kenosha, he wanted me to just go on ahead.

Well, we dropped it off at a nearbyhome for safe keeping and got my trailer. Loaded it up & back to Milwaukee we went.On the way back, I'm kinda feeling like a tow-truck. :(

2.5 months later it's got a new motor andunder another full warranty,... again.

I think he's gonna sell it and get something a little more,.... reliable.

:action:

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Grandaughter was riding it and was told she turned it off and when she went to restart it was frozen up. Started fine and was driving fine until she turned it off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.