Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a new battery for my Honda Rune, everything turn on but I don’t hear my fuel pump kick in . I check all the fuses .

·
Administrator
24,994 Posts
Is the kill switch on? The rune is somewhat different from a goldwing so I know very little about it. They do have the immobilizer system, if the key isn't programmed to it it would probably prevent the pump from operating.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the kill switch on? The rune is somewhat different from a goldwing so I know very little about it. They do have the immobilizer system, if the key isn't programmed to it it would probably prevent the pump from operating.
No kill switch on , it will turn over ,but the fuel pump make a noise when ready to start.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It might be the fuel relay , does anyone knows the location of the fuel pump relay?

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
If it is like a Wing the pump will only run for a few seconds each time you push the start button unless you hold the start button continuously.

·
Administrator
58,407 Posts
I sent you a PM, click on your Avatar at the top right of the page.
there will be a Red Dot there, that indicates you have messages.

Click on Conversations.

Select the message sent to you.

·
1,648 Posts
Welcome from another Rune owner.
I have HEARD that the fuel pump on the Rune can go bad , but i have no personal experience with this .
Havent had any issues with mine (knock on wood ) but i only have about 4000 miles on it .
There should come 2 cd-roms with the bike , one is an workshop manual ( if my memories serve me rigth ).

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
The Rune has a HISS ignition system. Key has a chip that activates a transponder that tells the ECM to turn on the fuel pump. Without all 3 working properly ... won't start. No fuel pump. One or the other is probably defective. Former Rune Owner. Sold it didn't like it. It's now in Poland.
Go to this site someone there will assist.
One other thing. You say you have a new battery, is it fully charged??

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
Probably not much help but I found this:
When the ignition switch is turned ON and the engine stop switch is at RUN, the immobilizer system (HISS) indicator lights for a few seconds, then go off. If the indicator remains on, it means the system does not recognize the coding of the key. Turn the ignition switch to OFF, remove the key, reinsert and turn the switch ON again. The immobilizer system keeps the immobilizer system (HISS) indicator blinking at 2 second intervals for 24 hours when the ignition switch is OFF. This blinking function can be turned on or off

Ans this:
If the system repeatedly does not recognize the coding of your key, contact your Honda dealer. The system may not recognize the key’s coding if any other immobilizer key is near the ignition switch. To avoid this problem, keep each immobilizer key on a separate ring. Do not attempt to alter the immobilizer system (HISS) or add other devices to it. Electrical problems could result, making it impossible to start your motorcycle. If all keys are lost, the PGM-FI unit/ ignition control module must be replaced. 2020-02-22.png

1 - 11 of 11 Posts