Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is not a wing question but it is a Honda question. I have a 1990 Honda Shadow VT1100 that needs a new seat. The seat on the 1990 comes off in two pieces and I have seen seats for other years where the two seat were connected. Will and if so what seats form what years from other Shadows will fit my 1990.

Also, if I may, I don't like the buckhorn bars on it, has anyone changed out bars with ones they thought were better.

Thanks,
Brian

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
seat

I have a stock 2 piece seat off a 02 vt1100 shadow in really nice condition and a passenger backrest and sissy bar if you are interested. don't know what yrs they will fit. but maybe someone will know.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
I have an '04 seat on my '84 750, with a little head scratching I'm sure you can made it fit. I just needed to make a couple of straight bar arms about 2" long :waving:

·
Premium Member
12,063 Posts
There is a forum that I was a member of when I had a Shadow
it is Hondashadow.net. Someone there will know what fits and
what don't.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Wife has a 04 Shadow Aero. Stock seat is 2 piece conected. She is currently using a Shadow Spirt seat. It is a 1 piece seat little narrower than the stock. Wife likes it more. I did have to drill 1 hole to mount rear. But I also tried to do a seat change with a 01 or 02 and the mounts were totally different. Also friend has a early 90's seat nothing like later models.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thank everybody for their help. I think I found the answer on a Shadow forum. It looks like a 1988-90 and 1992-96 VT1100C are the ones that will work, appearantley the VT1100C2's and 3's are different.
Thanks, Brian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.