Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I heard somewhere on some 'other' forum that Honda was actually considering building a factory Goldwing trike. Don't know where they got that or it was wishful thinking. But one would think it would be good revenue for momma H.

·
I am the Hobo
9,690 Posts
imported post

it would be nice to have a factory goldwing trike.

give it a bigger engine and a bit faster reverse. :D

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
imported post

That is what the guy I got my 1200 said. He wants a trike bad and he wished Honda would make one. He said he will have to get the harley one when it comes out unless Honda makes one.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
imported post

We are not talking about the same animal here. An ATV 3 wheeler was a toy that often weighed less than the rider on board and had a high center of gravity, while a trike is a full grown 1200 lb. vehicle with a low center of gravity. I have a friend who owns a California Side Car trike and it will take the curves better than my 2 wheels w/o ever lifting a wheel. I have trouble keeping up with him w/o grinding off the pegs. The CSC is a little bit wider than some of the other kits, which affords extra stability.

But, if you're still leary of rolling over in a curve, then this company may have the answer. Theirs is warranted not to flip over because thay use a combo side bumper/floorboard system that will hit the ground 1st before the rear wheel can lift. These have brand new VW type 2000cc engines that are imported from Germany, and can tow up to 1500 lbs. via the 2" receiver hitch. Starts at around $18000 for the base model. Just think, all that engine heat and noise is behind you. Check them out here;
http://www.boomtrikesusa.com/

Stan

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
imported post

You know if the factories would look at what riders are doing to fix up there rides and come out with some of the ideas they make more money and save the riders a little cash and work.

Hickey

·
Administrator
57,475 Posts
imported post

Nice looking Trikes. Good range of product too.

Looks like they cover a wide range of user tastes. If I were thinking trike, I would probably give them a look. Don't like paying for high octane fuel on the Fighter model though.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Hickey wrote:
You know if the factories would look at what riders are doing to fix up there rides and come out with some of the ideas they make more money and save the riders a little cash and work.

Hickey
But then ,we would have nothing to do :(:(

·
Registered
3 Posts
imported post

I thought they already made 'em.

I see enough of 'em around different parts.

I have however heard it said they ride hard on the rear is that true?

Ron

·
I am the Hobo
9,690 Posts
imported post

Ron Honda don't make trikes the ones you see have all been converted the ride you get depends on what kind of conversion you have done.

Christine.

·
Registered
40 Posts
This is a very old thread however , as a trike rider I much prefer picking the kit I want not the one a manufacture might make as far as cost it's about the same. A New HD TG basic runs 34K , you can trike a wing for less and have a much better ride .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.