Premium Member
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
imported post

I would think that thing would be very top heavy. I see they have attemped to mount the motor low in the chassis. But still would be heavy.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

It is a prototype and if it goes ahead it will be 3 to 4 years time ..So keep yer Valk and start saving :D

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
imported post

wexy wrote:
It is a prototype and if it goes ahead it will be 3 to 4 years time ..So keep yer Valk and start saving :D
Being designed as we type at Gorey Bikes in Ireland, Lead design engineer Ciaran Meyler, :cheeky1:

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

Certainly, the rear seat is only for looks.

I like the built-in mirrors.

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
imported post

Looks like someone's scooter got heavily into the steroids.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
imported post

tanygaer wrote:
wexy wrote:
Being designed as we type at Gorey Bikes in Ireland, Lead design engineer Ciaran Meyler, :cheeky1:
so...it'll dance all over the road then?????

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

:D:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:I must talk to them about geting it in Orange .to keep Gemma happy ,I would not want to see her unhappy /angry ,after all I only have one neck :dude::dude:

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
imported post

Looks like a ramped up ST or PC.Definitely not a Wing.I agree that it looks top heavy.Why change the perfect motor anyway.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Ugly damn thing.:barfer:The world has lots of sport bikes but only one real touring bike, who needs another sport/tourer?

·
Life Time Premium Member
3,919 Posts
imported post

Wow! It was a prototype. From 1999. Found more info on it:

http://www.gizmag.com/go/1434/

Honda's X-Wing luxury touring concept prototype surfaced in Tokyo in 1999 and for some reason has never seen the light of the showroom floor. More's the pity! From the press kit - "Speeding down Europe's autobahns like a wind from the Alps, this near future sports tourer is powered by an exceptionally smooth running V6 engine. It's adjustable fairing provides superb aerodynamic performance, and it's elegant shape proves the maxim that form does indeed follow function. Featuring a next generation Combined Brake System + ABS, an electronically controlled Traction Control System, a multifunctional navigation system and an internet capable display monitor, and a two-way rider/pillion communication system, this machine is a showcase of state-of-the-future motorcycle technology. Safe, clean, efficient, and comfortable, the X-Wing raises tandem touring to truly new levels of elegance and performance."

The X-Wing is a high-class, near-future tourer specifically designed to realize the kind of riding comfort ideal for sports touring. Featuring a newly designed 150°V6 powerplant for strong, ultra-smooth power, it also features variable valve timing for improved fuel efficiency and a next-generation CBS+ABS brake control system. Other advanced technologies include an electronic Traction Control System, a multifunctional navigation system and internet-capable display monitor, and a two-way rider/pillion communication system to make touring that much more enjoyable and fulfilling. Based on the themes of safety, environmental friendliness, and comfort, the X-Wing combines all the high performance, comfort and enjoyment that two people could ever need for great touring.

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

I'm thinking that it didn't get produced because 20th Century Fox bought it to use in a future Batman movie.

Mike

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Lacking in the touring function, no trunk and not much for the passenger. Might have been a great replacement for the ST1300 but not for the 'Wing.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Best place for that prototype is in the garbage bin..... yuk!!!!!:barfer:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.