Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Ok, Just wondering if anyone on here knows if the hondaline faring from a CB900 Custom would be interchangeable with one off a GL1100.

thank you.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

I didn't know Honda made a fairing for the CB900.

Sure it isn't a Vetter? If it is, then yes, with the GL bracket it will bolt right up.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Nope it's a hondaline from factory the Original owner got it fully dressed when he bought it and the Bill of sale that was with the bike from 1981 says hondaline along with the cases.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

Well, learned something new today.

Would it fit? ....I can only assume it would with the right bracketry. I wouldn't think Honda made it specific to the 900C back then, but I don't know. Would be interesting to know.

I found some pics of the 900C fairing on the net. I don't know the GL1100 fairings enough to know, but they look the same to me.

If it's like the fairing in this link, I wouldn't mind having one myself... I like it.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

shell looks like a 1100 but inside is diffrent. may be a little shorter also
Wilf

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

I think i found one closer to me for the 900...
No wondering if the seat from a GL1000 would be able to fit without to much modding... hummmmm.

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
imported post

In 84 I bought a 1983? CB900C that was fully decked out in original Hndaline gear. Fairing, bags, tail trunck, radio, CB, full instrument cluster (including altimeter) the second day I owned the bike I was on a nice little 2000 mile weekend trip and met up with a bunch of new Wings and they could not believe that my bike was a 900 at first.

That bike could sure snort when you rode it like a crotch rocket.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
imported post

It is the same fairing shell, the old GL Silverwings also used it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.