Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to purchase an OEM spoiler for my 2005 GL1800 through Wingstuff but was advised that Honda discontinued this particular spoiler. Candy Black Cherry (R287M) was manufactored for 04, 05 and 09 model wings. My question: Can I use a spoiler that is earmarked for a 2009 model wing and install it on my 2005 wing? What would be the differences between an 05 and 09 spoiler? Thank you in advance.

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
The spoiler from 2006 to 2010 has a different shape but still fits the earlier trunk. I think the different shape from 2006 is to allow clearance for a trunk rack.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you FitzA1. I already have a Kuryakyn trunk rack installed so I am banking on the spoiler templates being the same for both the 05' and 09'. Man it's nerve racking (pardon the pun) drilling holes!

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Alan is right, the later spoiler will fit earlier GL1800 models. It's a little bit lower and I think looks neater than the earlier spoiler.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts

Welcome:waving:loscruz

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gaswing, thank you. Gonna give it a shot and see how she goes.

Sethan12, Thank you for the welcome. I'm already reaping rewards and this is my first posting...that was submitted this morning!!! I'm loving it!

Alan, sorry I screwed up your name in my response.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.