Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Honda's Attitude Towards Warranty Issues

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  stickyfingers 
imported post

savoy brown wrote:
I was more surprised about the valve clearances being wayyyyy out of spec ... 1 @ .3000 & two @ .4000. The other three were within specs. Now I'm not saying this is the norm from the factory. I've met many Wing owners over the last couple of months who have smooth running, hassle free engines.

And I can live with a glitch or two with a new bike, but this should have been properly addressed by the original dealer where I purchased my wing. Maybe the mechanic's crystal ball was low on fairy dust ... or more likely he didn't know or really care about servicing my wing.

It was a lucky for me that I drove into this Honda Dealership. They listened to my concerns, diagnosed my problem and promptly fixed the valve clearance issues.

I was more miffed about Honda Canada's attitude on warranty repairs... this was a very simple issue. I do have several personal views on this. Mother Honda feels there's never any warranty issues because their products are perfect. They have no faith in the ability of their dealer's service network. Or Honda's warranty dept is so bureaucratic and big brother driven that it hampers customer satisfaction.

Like I said, the wing is now running close to perfect and I'm looking forward to many more years of trouble free miles.

This more therapy for me ... great place to vent and it's fantastic to read the responses from other owners across this small planet.

It's going to be another fantastic day in the Okanagan ( 30 Celcius or 87 F. ) ... time to fire up the wing, tune ups the tunes and explore somewhere.

" DON'T LET THE SPIRIT OF CLASSIC ROCK DIE "
perhaps you should take that bike back to that dealership, let the mechanic with the screwed up crystal ball listen to what a wing is supposed to sound like without the noise..........but do not let him touch it

mark:waving:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.