Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

[suP]When I purchased my Wing I also bought several accessories too and had the dealer install. One accessory item was the fog lights with the chrome cowling. When the dealer called and states the bike was ready however, the chrome cowling was not installed for it was on backorder from Honda. I could bring the Wing back in when the cowling came in.
I received a call yesterday from the dealer who stated that he got a notice that Honda had stopped production/sending out the chrome cowling. There was nothing further as to what the future holds.
My questions are: Does anyone know about Honda stopping the shipping of their chrome cowling? If so why and what are Honda’s future intensions for the cowling? If I were to look at an after market option are there any recommendations?[/suP]

[suP]
[/suP]

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
imported post

I didn't know Honda stopped making them. Kuryakyn, Show Chrome etc. still sell them.

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
imported post

The Honda cowl costs a lot more and they probably didn't sell as many as they hoped, which could be why they stopped making them. But the Honda chrome lasts longer and is better value for money in the long term.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I found out that Honda has indeed discontinued the chrome lower cowling.
I am looking at two aftermarket cowls: Show Chrome and AD-On Accessories.
I was told that Add-On has redesigned their cowl for a much tighter fit and look where it used to be the same as Show chromes’. Has anyone had any experience with Add-on’s cowling or any recommendations?

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
imported post

Just FYI,I bought mine from Add-On & had to make quite a few alterations w/ the Dremel tool.Lost count of how many times I had it on & off.One of the major problems was clearance for the radiator hose,took awhile before I got it right & got the right fit w/o breaking anything! Price was right,but sort of like replacing body panels on the car w/ aftermarket parts instead of factory made parts.The differance is in the diecasts:doh:

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

Hondas chromed plastic parts were always better than aftermarket. I've had aftermarket parts that the copper coating under the chrome started showing through after only a few cleanings.

·
Premium Member
1,262 Posts
imported post

For those short on the bucks....we have a hard time doing Honda......not to say you are not right on the money.

RED

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Scootertrash wrote:
Just FYI,I bought mine from Add-On & had to make quite a few alterations w/ the Dremel tool.Lost count of how many times I had it on & off.One of the major problems was clearance for the radiator hose,took awhile before I got it right & got the right fit w/o breaking anything! Price was right,but sort of like replacing body panels on the car w/ aftermarket parts instead of factory made parts.The differance is in the diecasts:doh:
The cowl that you purchased was it the Add-Onredesigned lower cowl?

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
imported post

the factory Honda one would be the best fit and finsh[if you could find one] I ordered a chrome engine side cover from honda it took months to get it.I like the painted lower cowl,And hate any chrome up top,it will blind you in the sun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.