Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
imported post

looks like the one i have just got but in silver.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
imported post

Wish it would be a little shorter. Would be a perfect bike for my wife.

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
imported post

Still has a 5 speed tranny. I'd go with a Kawasaki Concours at this point. I think a sport tourer would compliment a Goldwing in my garage just fine.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

its probably the same engine as the transalp. At 500 pounds, it could be good for many smaller people. I wonder how tall it is...

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

UBarW wrote:
its probably the same engine as the transalp. At 500 pounds, it could be good for many smaller people. I wonder how tall it is...
The reach to the ground is 31.7 inches from the NT’s seat.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Finally.... I don't think Honda was listening so much to us as looking at the Suzuki V-Strom 650 sales figures....... if it's priced competitively with the V-Strom it may go, but if they follow the lead of overpricing like the 2010 Goldwing, it will die a premature death......

Looks like an intelligent bike, for sure...... c'mon Honda, bring it in at about $7400.....

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
imported post

So how much will mother Honda want for it ?

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,517 Posts
imported post

If it goes over 7 grand, I won't buy it.

·
Premium Member
2,419 Posts
imported post

It don't look that comfortable, too me. 680cc's?...What you going to do with that? I'd say, at best, it would make a good commuter, for one rider. I'll bet the old Harley '45, was more comfortable that this.

This thing isn't much bigger than the SilverWing scooter.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
imported post

I've heard lots of people and even dealers pining for a replacement for the old GL500/650I Silverwings. This looks like a pretty good modern up-to-date solution. I guess I wouldn't go out and buy a new one, but who knows. Maybe someday I would entertain the idea of having a used one for commuting to work on.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
imported post

Dosent look to comfortable for us 6'4" + riders

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

ScooterTramp wrote:
It don't look that comfortable, too me. 680cc's?...What you going to do with that?
My WeeStrom has plenty of power at 650cc's. Weight per horsepower...

It will not be the same as a 1500 or 1800, but its everybit as quick as a 12. Turns better, easier to manuever in a parking lot, better mileage, reasonably stable on the hiway (wind wash).

It has its advantages. If you expect a wing, you should buy a wing.

Honda needs to get that price down a bit. The Strom is cheaper, although it has no farkles on it at the list price.

·
Premium Member
2,419 Posts
imported post

UBarW wrote:
ScooterTramp wrote:
It don't look that comfortable, too me. 680cc's?...What you going to do with that?
My WeeStrom has plenty of power at 650cc's. Weight per horsepower...

It will not be the same as a 1500 or 1800, but its everybit as quick as a 12. Turns better, easier to manuever in a parking lot, better mileage, reasonably stable on the hiway (wind wash).

Honda needs to get that price down a bit. The Strom is cheaper, although it has no farkles on it at the list price.
I have no doubt it is quick, light and maneuverable. But so are a lot of other Cafe Racers.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

compare it to a cafe racer? isnt it supposed to be a lightweight touring bike? its a purpose built bike. Other than being priced kind of high, it looks like it hits close to the mark.

·
Premium Member
2,419 Posts
imported post

UBarW wrote:
compare it to a cafe racer? isnt it supposed to be a lightweight touring bike? its a purpose built bike. Other than being priced kind of high, it looks like it hits close to the mark.
If you call putting some plastic on it somehow makes it a 'Lightweight Touring bike'. I don't, and stated as much on a post, above. It's just marketing, lipstick on a pig (or in this case piglet).

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

UBarW wrote:
ScooterTramp wrote:
Ditto...
I'm sure this bike will be great if they can get it to market at a realistic price.
Lightweight sport tourers aren't for everybody.. . and neither are 'Wings.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.