Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
imported post

SAD, WHEN WILL DRIVERS START PAYING ATTENTION TO ;WHERE THEY ARE GOING?

·
Premium Member
6,193 Posts
imported post

God bless there souls, there is just now way out of a situation like that

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
imported post

what a shame. i'm thinking prosecution double homicide. hope families get found. RIP

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
imported post

jimsjinx wrote:
That photo made me sick to my stomach. Rest thier souls. jimsjinx
Ditto. It is very sobering. :(:(:(:(:(

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
imported post

When that site loaded the picture was the last thing to load, it popped up all at once. It was like a physical blow to the center of my chest, I was literally rocked back in my chair.

Accidents happen, it is hard sometimes to see around an 18 wheeler. Which is why if you can't see ahead you stay in your own lane.

I doubt homicide charges would ever stick, however criminal negligence probably would, and involuntary manslaughter just might.

It is actually sad to think of a 63 year old man being sent to prison, sadder to think of his 68 year old wife having to live with it as well.

But, there should be some penalty for this. Two men are dead. You can't fix that, no punishment will bring them back.

I honestly don't know how I feel as for what charges should or shouldn't be inflicted. I feel that definitely something should be done, I just can't fathom what.

Sometimes I think that the big trucks should be relegated to roads specifically for them, keeping them separate from regular traffic. While such a situation is ideal in theory practice however is a totally different story.

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

It is a terrible accident and I feel for the families on both sides. Too many people can't learn to just peek around a semi or even a large RV and see if something is coming. They pull out into the road too far for their own and the on coming car's good.

Then too, some people just don't care and try to pass regardless. That is when it becomes criminal.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
imported post

I felt sick when I saw that photo. I wish no rider to go thru that ever.

I think that we live in such a fast paced world today that most everyone just wants to GET THERE. We forget what can happen when we want to get out from behind that big slow truck in front of us. Most drivers will not slow down behind that big ugly slow truck but will insted try to pass it right away even on a blind curve or when they can not see past the truck. I have people try to pass me every day where they would not try to pass a car.

May GOD keep the souls of our brothers safe and ease there pain. R.I.P.

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

It's pictures like this that make me think about gettins a modulating headlight.

So senseless, because someone failed to be observant.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

God rest their souls

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
imported post

I also find myself wondering what would be an appropriate response by law enforcement. In one sense, I'm sure that the driver of the SUV will probably go to his grave wishing he could change the outcome of that day, and prison would probably not help in that regard, and certainly wouldn't restore anyone or anything. Maybe we need some kind of program similar to what is done with drunk drivers where they go talk to kids about the family they killed, or the dad they paralyzed while driving drunk. I also think that some kind of community service could be appropriate. Of course, the big question is, "How did this happen?" I think that some of it stems from the "people don't see motorcycles" syndrome. I realize that I'm typecasting here, but at the age of 63, it's possible this guy had spent so much of his driving experience with few bikes around & his brain just wasn't "trained" to see them. My brother got hurt in a classical left turn accident, and the other driver said that he just didn't see my brother - his mind was looking for cars.
In the end, if anything good can come out of this, I think that some of the good is that we all really pay attention to what the cagers are doing - I have had to pull to the shoulder more than once to let a passing car go by, or to just give some margin when I see the car ahead of me. I suppose another thing would be to always be on high alert on 2-lane roads when you see a big rig ahead in the other lane & assume that there's somebody wanting to pass.
Be careful, friends!

·
Itinerant Wing Preacher
875 Posts
imported post

I think that the advent of daytime running lamps on cars has brought motorcycle visibility down. Jay

·
Premium Member
2,925 Posts
imported post

Its bad ,another biker was killed here yesterday,a 57 year old woman rider was hit with a truck and burst in flames,I dont know to much about it I just heard the last part of the new cast.I know almost every time I ride anymore it seems like some nut cuts me off or something.

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,859 Posts
imported post

NevadaDave wrote:
Maybe we need some kind of program similar to what is done with drunk drivers where they go talk to kids about the family they killed, or the dad they paralyzed while driving drunk. I also think that some kind of community service could be appropriate.
I can't remember the state I was living in, but one of them requires DUI and other folks who killed someone "accidentally" to do just that (assuming they didn't go to prison). They must serve a one to two year sentence of going to special functions, schools, proms, graduations, plus going to see the family of the one they killed and appologize for their discretions. They must use a projector and photos on a large screen to show the effects of their damage to society.

Hopefully, they make an impact on some of their audience. At the very least, maybe they will never do something like that again.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
NevadaDave wrote:
Maybe we need some kind of program similar to what is done with drunk drivers where they go talk to kids about the family they killed, or the dad they paralyzed while driving drunk. I also think that some kind of community service could be appropriate.
I can't remember the state I was living in, but one of them requires DUI and other folks who killed someone "accidentally" to do just that (assuming they didn't go to prison). They must serve a one to two year sentence of going to special functions, schools, proms, graduations, plus going to see the family of the one they killed and appologize for their discretions. They must use a projector and photos on a large screen to show the effects of their damage to society.

Hopefully, they make an impact on some of their audience. At the very least, maybe they will never do something like that again.
this is probably best solution, often times i hear something like this and become enraged resulting in my previous post, but damnit when will they learn:(:X

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.