Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have this voltmeter that was not part of my bike package. I had the radio readout only to the far left of the volt meter - I have no idea what goes in the middle. the volt meter came from a parts bike. It has a brown/white wire a black and a green.

I thought I could just hook it up to the battery, but why is there 3 wires. I looked in the wiring diagrams couldn't make it out.

any thoughts. I don't want to take apart the "dash" to connect it up. I could do without the light if that explains the 3rd wire - and just hook it up direct to the battery?
But which two wires?

thanks for the help!

U

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

The Green wire is common ground. The Black wire is the positive volt meter, the Brown / White wire is for the lighting.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

So the green goes to a ground any ground
the brown and black to a positive/battery/power that is on with the key?

thanks

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
imported post

Yep I hooked Mine up to the extra poles on the Fuse Box.

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
imported post

I soldered The Light wire together with The positive and Shrinked over The Circular Connector

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

that sounds like a plan. I might have to get a longer screw. I already have a gps and heated gloves coming off that. I might use some of those push in connectors and make a few more circuits. I am doing that elsewhere for an air horn and in the future another air horn - can't be loud enough imho! they work and you can just stuff them in and around whatever.

you need one for a neg. and one for a pos. then tag off of each.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.