Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Wel I have been without my Wing for 2 weeks tomorrow. The stator crapped out on me (had done the hard wiring and everything but still went south, the coating on the windings was all burnt, black and flacking off) and I decided that at this time I was not capable of doing the job myself. Found a wrench turner that had some experience with replacing the stator (was a number of years ago but he works on ATV's and snowmobiles and his shop had good, high quality equipment and was clean) so I decided to let him do the job (offered a good price also). I purchased the stator (electrex) and he has no problem with putting in the parts I buy so that saves me a little money on mark-up. He called today and said it should be ready tomorrow afternoon. I am like a kid on Christmas eve, can't sleep. Excited but a little apprehensive. The bike was running like a top when I brought it up to him and I worry that after taking everything apart and putting it back together something will leak or the clutch slave cylinder will not be bled right and on and on. I am sure he will stand behind his work but it is the hassle of going back until everything is like I want it. Maybe there will be no problems and I am just a worry wart (anxiety can kill or at least make you a little nuts (so say the voices in my head) Wish me luck that everything will be A OK and I can get a nice ride in on Saturday. Really miss it but luckily the weather has been kind of lousy most of the time so I didn't miss a lot of riding. (Mostly a fair weather rider at this time.) Randy

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

I know exactly how you feel Randy,

mybike is now well and truely back with me, but it stood in a friends work shop, throughout Spring, awaiting him finding the time to work on her.

It wasn't possible for me to hassle him to hurry up, we were doing a swap labour deal and I had done a lot of work on his holiday cottage in France.

This guy is an excellent car mechanic and has restored his own bikes too. The bikes that he has owned are in A1 condition, better than the day they exited the factory. But still there was that worry in my mind about how my baby would be on her return.

I needn't have worried, she was hugely improved cosmetially and mechanically upon her return in the Summer. When something arises again, that requires more than basic mechanical service, she willl go back there and be looked after by him.

I hope your worries are soon dispeled and that you are back here reporting on the first long ride and how wonderful it was.

Pete

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

I know just how you feel... Had to drop me bike off for a new tire.....Longest 24 hours I have had in a while:goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

DigbyODell wrote:
I know just how you feel... Had to drop me bike off for a new tire.....Longest 24 hours I have had in a while:goofygrin:
Crickey, Diggers, you will be on Valium if the baby ever has to go for longer!:goofygrin::goofygrin:

Pete

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
imported post

Hey Randy,

Supposed to be a beautiful weekend. At least up here in lakes country. Wife wants to go leaf looking tomorrow. Going to hit a couple state parks.

Have a good ride yourself on Saturday. Hope the bike is as good as when you brought her in.

Don

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

puttitin wrote:
Hey Randy,

Supposed to be a beautiful weekend. At least up here in lakes country. Wife wants to go leaf looking tomorrow. Going to hit a couple state parks.

Have a good ride yourself on Saturday. Hope the bike is as good as when you brought her in.

Don
Hey Puttitin, is leaf looking like whale watching only drier??:baffled:What exactly do the leaves do? I hope you have your leaf alert fitted, lest they leap out and you run one over.:(

Pete

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Hey Puttitin, is leaf looking like whale watching only drier??:baffled:What exactly do the leaves do? I hope you have your leaf alert fitted, lest they leap out and you run one over.:(

Pete
Leaves turn an array of different colors. Looks really nice. Bad part about this time of year is that it means that snow is just around the corner. And I for one HATE snow. I hope to move where it's warmer in the winterin a couple years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.