Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The news here is of a large loss of life down in New Orleans.

My thoughts are with all members from the area, andI hope you are all safe.

Pete

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

I hope so too.

Too early to tell at this point... what a mess.

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

Well they have been looting the heck out of it so I guess the scumbags of the area survived:X

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
imported post

Hey Guy's...We make it thru Hurricane Katrina..This is the worst Hurricane I have ever been thru...I remember Betsy..that was a powder puff to Katrina. Guys..You should see this place with your own eye's.. you just can't imagine. No Water,No Electricity,No Food,No Shelter.. It saddens me to what this storm has done. I live about 50 miles west of New Orleans.. And even after being pounded with 80 mile hour winds for 6 hours.. WE WERE LUCKY!. I have Kin Folks that leaved below New Orleans..They lost everything. And can't find half of there family...What a crappy feeling! All I Can Say!!...Pray for these people..I is going to take YEARS to clean this mess up    KajunExpress

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
imported post

I'm in Denham Springs which is 1 hour North of New Orleans (2 miles from Baton Rouge).

We got a lot of wind and rain and we lost power for 3 days, but other than that, we're fine.

On the other hand, if you want to buy gas, you'll be waiting in line for close to an hour.

Yeah, the media has a way of re-running the scumbag video. That's anywhere you have an inner city. Those people have nothing to lose and can only see 5 minutes ahead of them. No point in them worrying about tomorrow when they are worrying about right now.

New Orleans is a mess. A real disaster. Dead bodies floating in the streets. The media won't show you that, but it's there.

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

I am really glad to hear yall made it threw so far:waving: Sorry to hear of your families tho:whinger: I have some friends heading down there Fri to help with the clean up....

The part I dont understand about those scumbags, what are they going to do with the TV's and stuff with no homes or elect:shock:and that they are stealing from thier own:shock: how flippen stupid is that:baffled:

Digger

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

God Bless all you guys in Louisana.

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
imported post

I :madeyes:a lock coming on this post from the moderators. They don't much like these kind of posts.

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
imported post

I asked a question about the serial killer case here in Wichita and that thread got locked by the moderators.

Someone started a threadexpressing sympathy for the bombings in the UK and it got locked by the moderators.

I was told that this forum is for motorcycle talk ONLY and if we wanted to talk about things like this we needed to go to another forum and do it.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Yea, but this thread is related to our Brother "Wingers" who live where "Katrina" hit!

That makes it Bike related!

I have been and will Pray for who Folks down there and may God give you a "Peace" that's beyound understanding!

Stay Strong!:clapper:

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
imported post

DigbyODell wrote:
what are they going to do with the TV's and stuff with no homes or elect:shock:and that they are stealing from thier own:shock: how flippen stupid is that:baffled:
What about the new developments where they are shooting at the rescue workers, shooting at ambulances, shooting at rescue helicopters..... What are these idiots thinking. They want help but then when someone comes to help, they shoot at them.

I hope that they can quickly round up these people and then get back in there and get the help to the people that need it.

I feel so sorry for them all but these hoodlums need to be stopped.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
imported post

Its hard to imagine the devastation, here in little old NZ it seems so far away.

thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Andrew

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

No one will mind short sympathies and thoughts for fellow members being posted here, or to hear back from those affected, what they will object to is, folks starting to pontificate on the rights and wrongs, that is not for us to argue over.

When I sent the first posting, it was because I recognised that geographically, we had members who are close to the affected area and I am genuinely concerned for their safety. I can read the newspaper if I want to read all the Gorey details, I just want to know that everyone is safe and sound and let them know that my thoughts are with them.

If I lived nearby I would offer sanctuary to anyone from here that had lost everything, but I fear I am a little far away!

Pete

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
No one will mind short sympathies and thoughts for fellow members being posted here, or to hear back from those affected, what they will object to is, folks starting to pontificate on the rights and wrongs, that is not for us to argue over.

When I sent the first posting, it was because I recognised that geographically, we had members who are close to the affected area and I am genuinely concerned for their safety. I can read the newspaper if I want to read all the Gorey details, I just want to know that everyone is safe and sound and let them know that my thoughts are with them.

If I lived nearby I would offer sanctuary to anyone from here that had lost everything, but I fear I am a little far away!

Pete

Hear hear Pete

Our thoughts and prayers are with all

Karen

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

Having taken a direct hit by the eye of Juan as it passedalmost directly over my house a couple years ago, and where we lost many trees-one of which landed on my house, I can only imagine the devistation and misery that was caused by Katrina. Then the flooding. The thought occurred to me-how many Wings got drowned in that flood, and then I cameto my senses and started thinking about the things that really matter.

We can always rebuild, but we can never get back thelost lives.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Kajun Express wrote:
Hey Guy's...We make it thru Hurricane Katrina..This is the worst Hurricane I have ever been thru...I remember Betsy..that was a powder puff to Katrina.Guys..You should see this place with your own eye's.. you just can't imagine. No Water,No Electricity,No Food,No Shelter.. It saddens me to what this storm has done.I live about 50 miles west of New Orleans.. And even after being pounded with 80 mile hour winds for 6 hours.. WE WERE LUCKY!. I have Kin Folks that leaved below New Orleans..They lost everything. And can't find half of there family...What a crappy feeling!All I Can Say!!...Pray for these people..I is going to take YEARS to clean this mess up KajunExpress
I hope and pray that things some out okay for you and yours Kajun!

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

I have a nephew over there, turns out he is fine.Hopefully the casualities aren't as high as the media are telling us and that the rescue mission gets to the survivors without delay.

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

I'm trying to find a charity that will take me down there. I feel a very stron urge to help out. I can't afford to send money, but I have 2 weeks of vacation time that I can use. Red cross won't let me go. FEMA is too disorganized to begin accepting volunteers. I've filled out an application with the Salvation Army. Mayby they'll take me.

If anyone knows of a charity that is looking for bodies with warehousing experience, first aid, and crowd controll skills, along with strong interpersonal skills, let me know.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
imported post

good luck to you folks down there. I hope to visit N.O. one of these days. I think they will save that city and rebuild quickly, the south have a long history of rebuildingand won't let it go that easy. just you watch the support from the rest of the states once they get organised, it will turn around fast. stay safe.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.