Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I broke the horn button/lever on my 1200 Aspy, and I need to replace it. Don't need the whole left side handlebar assembly -- just the little button itself.



Thanks!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,334 Posts
imported post

It's not available seperately from Honda BTW...

I bought a used assembly just to get that little button!

Best of luck with this!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,144 Posts
imported post

HMMMM. I'll check on that for you and send you a PM with what I find out tomorrow.
I'll write myself a note now.;)

Jen:waving:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
494 Posts
imported post

Jennifer wrote:
HMMMM. I'll check on that for you and send you a PM with what I find out tomorrow.
I'll write myself a note now.;)

Jen:waving:
If you happen to find one for the 85 LTD, I'm in need also! :)

JimC in NC (USA)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,144 Posts
imported post

JimC wrote:
Jennifer wrote:
HMMMM. I'll check on that for you and send you a PM with what I find out tomorrow.
I'll write myself a note now.;)

Jen:waving:
If you happen to find one for the 85 LTD, I'm in need also! :)

JimC in NC (USA)
Sorry, we don't have a button that can be purchased without stripping it off the whole left hand control. That makes it almost worthless by doing that.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
494 Posts
imported post

Thanks. That's what I was thinking as well. What is the cost for an entire unit, if you know? I don't need the whole thing but might be interested in buying one just for the button.

JimC in NC (USA)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,472 Posts
imported post

Hopefully someone can find a replacement button of sorts. I have been looking for a starter and a horn button for a couple of years now...
 

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
Joined
·
12,840 Posts
imported post

As often as those things break and fall off, it's a shame that someone hasn't come up with a replacement. I bought a whole switch assembly a couple of years ago for the same reason.

John
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13 Posts
imported post

My horn button broke too. I made one from some black rubber and used loctite supper bond adhesive to glue it in place. It's been there about a year now works great and looks like the orginal button. I used a old car shock mounting rubber bushing for the rubber and cut it to size. Hope this helps
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,790 Posts
imported post

gtracer3 wrote:
My horn button broke too. I made one from some black rubber and used loctite supper bond adhesive to glue it in place. It's been there about a year now works great and looks like the orginal button. I used a old car shock mounting rubber bushing for the rubber and cut it to size. Hope this helps
I'd love to see a pic of your fix!

Thanks, Ray
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,212 Posts
imported post

If memory serves,... isn't that button hollow on the back? If so micro-scratch it & fill with epoxy.

After it's set fill the crack with a dab of expoxyby rubbing it in & wiping the surface clean, work fast tho. the heat generated will set that quicker than normal.

On parts that are stressed I embed a piece(s)of steel or aluminum.

Hope this helps.:clapper: I'll sent a bill later. :cooldevil:
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top