Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi there,

I moved to Ontario and need new horn & replace the missing horn button in order to pass the safety inspection.

If anybody has this stuff please let me know, I'd really appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Ralf

·
Loyal member
276 Posts
imported post

RaMai,I lost the horn button on my 1200 so I fabricated one out of wood, Drilled a small hole so it would fit over the button stub,painted it black and epoxied it on,looks and works like new.Sounds like the contacts on horn switch may need some lube.Good luck,Moon.

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
imported post

moonhead wrote:
RaMai,I lost the horn button on my 1200 so I fabricated one out of wood, Drilled a small hole so it would fit over the button stub,painted it black and epoxied it on,looks and works like new.Sounds like the contacts on horn switch may need some lube.Good luck,Moon.
Would you care to make another for sale? Lost 1200 horn buttons seem to be very common - I've looked for one for more than a year!

·
Loyal member
276 Posts
imported post

RaMai,Im not sure I could do it without taking mine back off but here is a rundown on how I did it;first I took a small board(3/8) thick and cut it abuot the size of the opening on the switch,then I took a file and shaped it slightly smaller than the dimention of the button opening(you can use thestarter button for a template),I then used a drill bit that was as close to the size of the button stub,drilled down accordingly untill it fit snug.It was then I painted it black,epoxied the drilled hole and pushed it on. It has been working fine ever since,and you cant tell it from a stock one.Moon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.