Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

No matter what I did I couldn't ge the horn to work right, I couldn't find the wire that activated teh horns, the ones into the horn were all hot, and finally so was I. So finally out of disgusted frustration I pulled all airhorn related items from the bike, put the tank, seat, fairing lowers all back on and put it in the corner of the garage. Then I went out and brought Wendy's car into the garage, the damn horn was going into something.

So, after pulling out the trim above the radiator, the headlight assembly and a couple of frame peices, I had it in and it sounded pretty good. I went and got Wendy to show her my generous gift, she hit the horn and it didn't quite sound right. In fact, after a couple more hits, it wasn't blowing at all. So now I pull it all out again and find that the compressor isn't working at all. So I yank it all out shove it back in it's torn packaging and tomorrow it goes back

The next time I want a louder horn I'm gonna kidnap an automotive engineer, duck tape him to the fender and wire him to the stator. That'll work.

·
Administrator
26,177 Posts
imported post

Just get a set of 03 or later Accord horns, they are loud, sound a lot like GL1800 horns.

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
imported post

Richardrwg wrote:
The next time I want a louder horn I'm gonna kidnap an automotive engineer, duck tape him to the fender and wire him to the stator. That'll work.
You'll get a louder horn if you connect the hot wire to the right one and the ground to the left one.;):cheeky1:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.