Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me how the routing goes on the hot air pipe from the air cleaner box to the lower part of the engine? It was moved during an engine rebuild but I can't find it in my Clymer manual

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
If you're wondering about the bottem...it goes between the frame member and the engine and between the crash bar and the engine to the receptacle on the left front exhaust manifold. It's a tight flippin' fit. I usually remove the front two crash bar mounting bolts and pull out on it a bit, and spray the hose down with silicone spray rubber lube.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
And what does it do? Is this part of the "Shot air" system which I've read makes deceleration smoother?

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
And what does it do? Is this part of the "Shot air" system which I've read makes deceleration smoother?
Simplified .... What it does is collect any warm air from the exhaust/engine, which rises up the pipe to a butterfly flap in the air snorkel on the air breather, The warmer the air, the more the butterfly flap opens until the engine is up to normal operating temps, making for a smoother transition from cold start ups.

The pipe runs from the snorkel down behind the rads to the collector 'box' by the front left exhaust. Scroll part way down here to see it a little more clearer

Dusty

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.