Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

It was hot here today the tempture was a whopping 93 degrees with a heat index of 100 degrees. With that said I was on my Aspy today had to run a few short arrands and WOW the false tank was so hotyou couldn't hold your hand on it for 10 seconds

I neverfelt my Bird get that hot, It still only ran 6 bars on the guage :shock:I was suprised . It never goes over six bars. Legs got hot tried to keep them up on the hyway boards as much as possible :smiler:But in 5:00 rush hour traffic never had a problem:)

I guess theHonda anti freeze/coolant was worth what I paid for it :?

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Wimp!:cooldevil:We've had several days over 100F and many in the mid 90s this summer. Doesn't stop any of us Wingers around here. It did pretty well stop a Harley Fatboy trike though. The thing kept overheating and dropping back to one cylinder operation on one ride with us. Kind of a pain chugging along with him at 40mph on the freeway. The owner found out that this was an ongoing problem with a lot of late model Harleys. You gotta admire the guy's logic, instead of taking it to the dealer and insisting on having something done to it, he sold it and bought a Goldwing trike.:action:

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Atta boy , He fixed it alright . He got rid of his Hardley a trike,for a realtrike :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

Over 100F here also, real temps not that made up index stuff.

I think it was close around 100F when I rode down to SC. and for a bit while I was there too. Though while I was there I did not ride much till I came home.

Just got to grin and sweat it. LOL

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Gonna drop into the mid 80's here starting Saturday and for the next 4 days after that.

·
Premium Member
6,765 Posts
imported post

TXRLGL1500 wrote:
We have had over 10 consecutive days of 103-106 here. 93deg here would feel cool
:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:They just don't have a clue about riding in the heat. :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

It's so that I haven't been able to use my highway boards beacusethe heat from the radiator coming out of the vents gets my legs real hot. I just prop my feet up on the rear of the case gaurds. Just try and touch ANY metal CLOSE to the engine will travelling down the highway will result in 2nd and 3rd degree burns in a matter of seconds.

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

We have had 65 straight days of 20-28C temps here in the far east. I will take our few months of cool temps over those few months of extreme heat any time.

·
Premium Member
6,765 Posts
imported post

Hawker22 wrote:
We have had 65 straight days of 20-28C temps here in the far east. I will take our few months of cool temps over those few months of extreme heat any time.
This isn't extreme heat. This our usual weather pattern till mid-November

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
imported post

Heat??? Did someone say heat? Pshaw... It's in the low 90's (32C) when I ride home at night.

Try riding when it's in the teens... 113, 114, 115 (45~46C) and up... That's hot...

It's also hot when your scooter falls over because the asphalt is re-liquefying... I have a 4x6 aluminum plate that I put down to keep the kickstand from sinking in when I park on asphalt. It's no fun when you have it sink in, and it then cools enough to re-solidify...

It was 103 (39.4C) yesterday, and when I called my Aunt to wish her happy birthday I commented on the unseasonably cool weather.

Usually my temp needle hovers just shy of the red bar when I ride to work in the afternoons. I know it's not a cooling problem as when I ride home at night it's square in the middle.

Just gotta suck it up and deal with it. This is the price we pay here in AZ for bee-yoo-tee-full riding weather the other 9 months out of the year.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
imported post

We're supposed to hit 102 today and tomorrow, 99 Sat, BUT, only 90 Sunday! Yeah! Highest temp forecast for next week is 93! Finally! I've been riding every day, and the ride in to work in the morning is real nice. The ride home is ok, just hot. Not bad enough to change to the cage.

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

82gl1100iwingman wrote:
Hawker22 wrote:
This isn't extreme heat. This our usual weather pattern till mid-November
Guess I should have been more clear. No, I meant that we do not get the extreme heat, but rather, nice temps in the 20-28 C range. And I meant that I would sooner have our few winter months of cooler temps than your few summer months of very hot temps. My temp guage says 20 outside right now--will hit 26 by mid afternoon.

Love it.

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
imported post

Very hot and humid here in middle TN as well...still riding to work every day tho. The morning ride is pretty nice (low 80s) but going home in the afternoon gets a bit warm and I have to turn my AC up to about 75 or 80 mph...

·
Premium Member
4,208 Posts
imported post

Just work out the problem.
Sleep in thedaytime, rideatnight. It's cooler.

Wonderful things at night, you don't see/hear in the day.
Stars,..
Moon,..
Lights at the Horizon,..
Fewer vehicles,..
Crickets,..
BATS,.. :bat:
DEER,..
POTHOLES . . . . . .

:stumped:hummmm

Time for brighter headlights and the parts stores are closed.
:sadguy:

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

Today Lyons Ga

Weather Underground!

Today
Partly sunny with a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 90s. Heat index readings 106 to 110. Southwest winds 5 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent.

This is a good day compared to what we had last week

I still ride just about every day , but to hot for windshields , so My naked Zrx is doing the job

Wing waiting for cooler days or maybe trip to mountains

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I gotta tell you there's more than one reason not to wear shorts when riding a motorscooter that's been parked in the sun. I think I have scars where I can't see them.:shock:

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
imported post

I never felt my Bird get that hot, It still only ran 6 bars on the guage I was suprised .
We have had a few days over 100 here, but I've not gone over 3 bars on my temp gauge. Are you sure nothing is amiss with your cooling system? I'd hate for you to have any issues on the road.:byebye::byebye::byebye::byebye:

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

Six bars is the norm on my bike . Even in cold weather six bars and when on the road it might drop down to 5 or maybe 4 . but 6 is the norm

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
imported post

I rode at 95 degrees with the mesh gear the other day, pretty warm.

Been hot all over US. I bet Al Gore has a big grin with $ signs in his eyes, useless bum!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.