Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does your wife/significant other ride her own?

After many years of telling Me I could not get a bike, not only do I have one but she loved it so much that now she has her own. I guess that is not as unusual as it used to be but I think it is kid of cool. Although many guys might use the bike as a reason to get away I like having a live in riding partner. Luckily she does not mind if I go out alone either, I think I'm pretty lucky.

Does anyone else have a spouse who rides their own?

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

La Reina del Todo Mundo was discussing this today with her lowly subject. We had just seen a group of women riders and I asked. The answer?

A quite disdainful and very regal, NO!

·
Registered
177 Posts
imported post

:clapper:No, my better half does not get on and I will not let her on:cool:. Because I am in control of this relationship:dude:. I even have a snowmachine and the same rules apply there to;). The funny thing is, now that I am thinking about it:shock:, she has never complained. Maybe she is control:Xof this relationship, and I am being manipulated:?, is it possible:(, have been hoodwinked again:p. Maybe this year I will insist that she gets on my wing. Seriously she does not like themotorcycleor the snowmachine, so it is my escape, because she lets me:cheeky1:. Now my 8 year old son, I have to sneak away to have a solo ride but thats ok. Our son and I do camping weekends trips and he has been wingin it since he was 3 years old when hesatin the front between pops arms and the kill switch. Once I made the mistake after seeing rain clouds inthe horizonand puposely postponing our arrival home when he was three, and drove throughthe rain storm, he was like a wet but stiffdiaper through and through. He was not a happy biker. It took him months to get back inthe saddle again. These stories will resurface on his wedding day one day.

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
imported post

No my wife hates bikes, says their dangerous, Thats why I have 3, Sometimes I have four or five, I've never lost money on a bike, so she really can't complain, I thinks she likes it when I'm out of the house anyway, Ah they call that love:p.

Two of my friends wifes both have bikes, One rides a 1200 Suzuki marauder, the other a 1300 honda shadow, Big bikes for the little women, but they love them, So to each their own, As long as everyones happy, right:action:

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
imported post

Married to the same gal for 33 years, she's always insisited that I have a bike but never expressed any interest in driving. Although she's still my favorite traveling companion.

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

My Wing seems to always feel better when my wife is riding on the back and she does so often since I painted it school bus yellow. That was her only request regarding thismotorcycle and the color choice was her contribution to safe riding. If she's happy, I'm happy and I do have to admit that the bright yellow color has saved me from being hit by a caron a couple of occasions.

Vic

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Dont have any choice, :crying:just ride my Honda 50 on my own, and my neighbours :18red:when he asks me. :clapper:

:walker::18red::walker:

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

My wife:cooldj:Rides with me 90% of the time and that is alright with me:):) If I want to go solo it is no problem.

:12red::cool:.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

The "VTX" website (VTXOA.com) had evry one post pictures of their wifes , girlfriends and bikes, they want to make a calender to raise money?!

Hey this one would be an "International" Calender !

I can put in some picks of my "Golden Lab " !

No offense lady's !

Don't have a Wife !

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

That's why I have a Wing...she loves to ride behind me. She has no intrest in getting her own - she'd rather watch the scenery than have to concentrate on the driving. Driving is my job.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
imported post

yea my mainlady has her own bike it an 82 750sc Honda that I built up for her thats how wemeet many moons ago.

shes just to lazy to ride it work on nice days she dose go out with me and some others once in awhile she just has to learn to keep up

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
imported post

My wife likes to ride, but only on the back. I've offered to get her a bike and enroll in a riding class but she's just not interested. That's OK with me....one less machine to maintain, store, clean, pay insurance on, etc!

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

My wife actually learned to ride on my Wing, I thought that was great , she would take my bike and i would get a new one, But guess what, she ended up with new bike and I still got old reliable. Not a bad thing exactly.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
imported post

My wife loves to sit on the back and wants to sit on the front, but I wont let her. Might have something to do with the fact she's 5"1' and weighs in at under 60kg. Also she has an unfortunate habit of hitting things in the car so would be a bit concerned if the mother of my 4 kids decided to carry on that fine tradition without a bit of metal around her.

We are at that lovely stage of parenting where the oldest can look after the younger one's, so most Saturday's we ride for an hour, have coffee then ride home.

Andrew

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

My main squeeze of 36+ years rode with me years ago, but there's no time to be together anymore.. she works nights,,,,I work days.. Her days off are scattered and don't jive with mine .. :(

It's lonely out there except for my BIKER BUDDIES!!!:D LOL

They're a mixture of compatible old gas bags like myself, single and divorced... We have a great time whenever we travel...

Life is good!

I had a nice ride with the lady from the Isle of Women pictured below... I swear to you it exists... I've been there...:coollep:

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
imported post

my other half does ride with me on the bike but then getting a wing was her idea . the day i sold my bandit 600:waving: ,as it was being driven away she said now its time to get a proper bike :clapper::clapper::clapper:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.