Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I continue to have serious wind buffeting issues. I have the OEM windshield up at the highest level on my 1800. I recently installed Baker mirror wings, but still have severe buffeting at highway speeds.

The Quantum windshield by National Cycle looks like it has some interesting wind deflection built into it. Is anyone familiar with this product ?

http://www.wingstuff.com/pgroup_detail/24215_GL1800_Quantum_Hard_Coated_Windshield

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,135 Posts
imported post

It reads well and looks good.

I'm interested as I don't think the stock windscreen is big enough.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
imported post

Hi Dave

Buffeting drives me nuts, I put on a memphis shades windshield in the fall. It's two inches taller this helped but did not eliminate the problem. If you do find the perfect windshield i'm all ears.

Good Luck Tom

·
Premium Member
62,876 Posts
imported post

It sloops back like the Tulsa on my 1500 but doesn't look as tall.. Mine is great for knocking off the buffeting..
The other side, I have to look through my windshield and still bang it with my helmet...

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
imported post

Over on the other board some of the members dont seem to like how it flexes at speed. I havent seen one that doesnt move or dance to some extent. When going through Oklahoma last year I watched my Tulsa do the dance from OKs winds. Might be worth waiting for more feedback.:waving:

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
imported post

I put a wrap around on my 1200 and the wife liked it alot better than the original windsheild. It is a little stiffer (because of the "arms") so it doesn'tflex quite as much. Still not perfect but better than original style. I liked it as it didn't flex as much as original, and it helped with the wind on me.

I don't think you will be unhappy!

·
Premium Member
1,081 Posts
imported post

I've been following the reports on it by users on another forum. Based on what I've read, I plan to order one when it's time to replace mine.

My wife has never complained about the buffeting but I like the looks of this national cycle shield and plan to try it.

:waving:

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
imported post

I've noticed severe buffeting to.... at around 120 mph. :shock: Life may begin at 40, but it doesn't get real interesting until 90 mph. :action:

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

When I got the 1200 I noticed a lot of wind turbulence. Since the screen was so worn and faded I ordered a new one from Kirk. The new one was twice as thick and on the first ride I could feel the difference. I'm not sure what brand it was but I've had lots of experience with National Cycle and it's all been good. My 76 has a deflector and my Ducati has an F15T. Both are great screens

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.