Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Has anyone looked into how the 2012 Honda Goldwing is doing in dealerships since it moved back to Japan and came back as a 2012 model and the overall public response of the bike?

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

We wouldn't know over here. Honda won't let us have any, they are forcing 2007-2009 models on the UK dealers.

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

That might be telling the public something sales on the 2012 might not be as great as they wanted or over manufacturing of 2007-2010 models.I know that I had walked into a Honda dealer and the price for 2010 was very high and the used ones and older bikes are holding a high resale value.My oldest brother just sold a 2005 1800 two months ago he gave $16,350 dollars tax included in 2005 this bike was like brand new had less than 2,000 miles he sold it for $16,000 he only lost $350.00 yes it had very low mileage and just a week before he sold it he changed the first oil change now how many bikes 6 years old can you get back almost all your money you paid after 6 years.I wanted the bike but with my wife and I health problems lately I couldn't afford it.Everyone have a Blessed day.

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

I have seen only a couple on the road passing by, but I live in a high traffic area for Motorcycles. The only person I personally know that has one is Flyone from NASSIR!Our local Honda dealer does not even have one on the floor, but he says he can order one.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

I looked at a new one at the Motorcycle Mega Mall yesterday. I got sticker shock. At 29,000, ok 28,995. That is before all the extra costs. They won't see me buying one.

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I hope Honda hasn't made a big blunder and over priced their products.For what I have seen and have read as a whole no one is very happy with what Honda has done with the Goldwing all I can say if they don't get it right there is a lot people that are loyal to Honda as far as the Goldwing will be going to other bike companies for lower priced touring rides.

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

Freddie Johnston wrote:
I hope Honda hasn't made a big blunder and over priced their products.For what I have seen and have read as a whole no one is very happy with what Honda has done with the Goldwing all I can say if they don't get it right there is a lot people that are loyal to Honda as far as the Goldwing will be going to other bike companies for lower priced touring rides.
I have always liked the new model, from its Winged badge to the improved suspension. All they have to do is come out with some solid colors.

The price, well that is something else entirely:?

People are buying them, I have seen them on the road.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

I'd have to get my masters in bank fraud to afford one. jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
63,070 Posts
imported post

I was surprised on how many 12s I've seen around here.........

I don't know where they're coming from.. 2 of the dealers around here have closed, and the local dealer has had one for 4 months..........

·
Administrator
26,570 Posts
imported post

I know 2 people who have bought 2012s (under 20K for the base model) and have seen several around the state.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
imported post

I looked at the link Beenshot posted,the price for a 12 isn't very far off of what I paid for my 08..in 08.

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
imported post

I was at Garvis in des moines ia today, they had 5 2012's on the floor, all around 23k..had a used 03 with 50k for miles for $14k and a 07 with over 100k for miles and 16k price. still aint figured that one out yet...
said they had sold a few 2012's, but didnt say how many....

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
imported post

In Canada the prices are about 50% higher than the USA...Strike one

They are no longer American made...............................Strike two

They aren't substantially different than the 11..................Strike three

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
imported post

The new BMW touring bike is a huge change from the K1200LT. IMHO Honda's decision not to pump up the power (likely easy to do on these) was a mistake. The bags look Harleyish and the tailight is K1200LTish. I bought my base model '06 from one of those dealer E-bay ads. It was $16,700 out the door +$50 for the Greyhound ticket to Ashland, KY to pick it up. Honda's excuse for moving the factory back to Japan because of "painting issues" was BS. For me - they screwed the pooch.

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

There's one at the dealer in Fredericksburg VA that I got a good look at. It's nice, but it's been sitting there since they came out. That being said, I have seen a few around town and up in the DC area.

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

So basically there is a love hate of the 2012 Honda Goldwing but you people that own 2005-2010 1800's would you give it up for a new 2012 or are you satified with what you have?I don't like the two tone paint and they need to put more lights on it around the back and a little more chrome wouldn't hurt the looks none because if you like the shiney stuff you can go chrome broke.But my question was how are the sales doing?

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Freddie Johnston wrote:
So basically there is a love hate of the 2012 Honda Goldwing but you people that own 2005-2010 1800's would you give it up for a new 2012 or are you satified with what you have?I don't like the two tone paint and they need to put more lights on it around the back and a little more chrome wouldn't hurt the looks none because if you like the shiney stuff you can go chrome broke.
I have a 2005 and would not trade for any year above that because I do not like the styling changes of any year beyond 2005.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.