Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

You don't get an image editing program with XP, only a viewer. Your particular PC might or might not have an editing program, depending on the package that was bundled with XP when you bought it.
There are some free programs out there (Gimp for instance is totally free) and also some free trial ones like Fotofinish, which you can download here;

http://www.fotofinish.com/specials/photo-edit.asp?id=19289

·
Premium Member
3,776 Posts
imported post

Mr.1200 wrote:
I have Win XP and want to know how I can resize a picture to post? Sometimes I get the "file is to big"?

Some folks have had some luck by opening thier picture with "PAINT", then clicking on image and using the stretch/skew option to down-size. Never tried it personally, good-luck.... :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
imported post

:11grey:You don't happen to have Microsoft Office 2003 Installed? If so, Locate Microsoft Picture Manager. I use it to shrink Jpeg's for Avatars and add pictures to messages.

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

Mr.1200 wrote:
I have Win XP and want to know how I can resize a picture to post? Sometimes I get the "file is to big"?

Sorry I posted this on the wrong board :baffled:
Hey Mr. 1200:waving:I have XP, and I save the picture in my pictures, then open it by clicking onedit, that will put it in paint, the click image, and then sketch and skew, put in thepercent of horizontal and vertical you want and then save it. Hope that helps.:)

:12red::cool:

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

I don't think pictuers are allowed in sigatures Mr.1200(I think I read this in the forum FAQ section), as they slow up page loading times significantly. Lots of us still on 56k slowdems and we already have to tolerate Redwing slowing down the board with all the smilies he crams into his posts!

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

BRowan, be careful. You sure don't want to antagonize Redwing. He could lose it and come at you with his Honda 50. Maintaining top poster status may have him strung out to the max and he could easily snap at any time.

Vic

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

Yes Rocky, Redwing is like a starved Pitbull Terrier at the moment. Severe pressure caused by exavid snapping at his heels in the TOP POSTER war.

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

He's either out riding his Honda 50 or riding his neighbors GL1800, at least I hope so anyway or maybe he's just trying to create some competitive excitement here at the forumm by saving all his posts for a last minute marathon against Exavid.

Vic

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.