Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Mr.1200 wrote:
I have Win XP and want to know how I can resize a picture to post? Sometimes I get the "file is to big" Error?
Go to Windows Explorer and open the picture you want to use. Click on the image editing icon on the bottom of the window, just to the right of the floppy disk icon. Go to EDIT on the toolbar and click on SELECT ALL. Go to the lower right corner of the dotted outline on the picture and adjust the mouse until you get a diagonal arrow, shrink the picture by grabbing the corner and moving it up and left to get the size you want and then save the picture, use a different name to save if you want to preserve the original picture.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

Rocky, Let's get togethyer and compare chrome someday!!

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

If you don't want to lose resolution or get blocky, I suggest you use irfanview to resample the original image to the new size. Its free and available at www.irfanview.com

To do it, just open your original picture with irfanview then choose [Image], [Resize / resample], choose your new size and click ok. Then do a [File], [Save as] if you don't want to lose the original.

Beats the heck out of paying a small fortune for Photoshop or having crappy resized pictures.

--
Rudy

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Rudy, thanks for the recommendation on irfanview. I've used several other graphic programs but this one does a nicer job on shrinking .jpg files. I used it to improve my avatar.

Mr. 1200, I doubt you will be able to clear up that picture unless your original photo was sharp. Usually trying to sharpen a fuzzy photo doesn't work out all that well with most graphic programs.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Well that definately looks like crap.

What was the format of the original image andwhat size was it?

If it wasn't a jpg, you might try saving it as one first and set the the jpg quality to near 100% when you do, then resample it from the saved jpg.

Either that or email me your original and I'll fix it up for you...

apptecat data-experts.com.com

--

Rudy

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

I just opened my email addy in my profile since I can't seem to post it correctly.

One thing nice about posted email addresses is that it gives you destinations to travel to when you locate spammers;).

--
Rudy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.