Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

With all the fun we had on the subject of "Grits", I am amazed no one has taken that nic yet.
Thanks,
David

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

GRITS= GIRLS RAISED IN THE SOUTH.
I eat'em ever chance I get!

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Well we sampled a variety of grits whilst we were over last year and only one lot did we like, those at Old McDonalds Fish Restaurant,where we dined with SBin SC. and Mrs SB.

It sure surprises me that one of the more Southerly members hasn't chosen it as a handle for on here.:waving:

·
Premium Member
737 Posts
imported post

Well I seriously thought about something like Southern Wing or G.R.I.T.S.Wingbecause I just can't start my day without my grits, but Ihad to go with Wild Wing because of how I originally got the "Wild" part. I've always been known for doing things a little on the "wild" or unusual side. Twenty some years ago when Terry and Luv2wing originally met me, in a previous life, I was crazy enough to ride backward on a previous husband's bike to take pics and videos of the group behind us going around the curves in the mountains of N.C. Somebody in the group just made a statement that they'd like to see what they looked like leaning into the curves and I said what the heck I can show you and climbed on backwards and said let's go, no big deal. After that they called me a Wild Woman so I just modified it and made it Wild Wing Lady or Wild Wing. In my younger days I was never one to be afraid of much and that is the way I am to this day to a reasonable point.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

From that explantion, Wild Wing Lady, "Grits" just wouldn't have cut it for your site name!!!!:shock::D

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

GWNorman wrote:
I am sure the wingnut would be able to change a members name to GRITS if he was asked.
There are some members he would just be happy to turn into grits I expect.... I am probably one of them!!!!:cheeky1::shock::cheeky1:

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

You have to know how to eat grits ,,,Just plain ain't much fun.
The young'uns usually start off eating them with some butter and some sugar or molasses,jam etc. but as you get mature most folks like salt and pepper and sunny side up egg yolks running into them at breakfast.
Tabasco is nice.
You can have them for lunch or supper with some turnip greens , gritsn'greens we call it and then a really nice brunch of shrimp and cheese grits is fantastic!
I like to take the chilled left over grits and mold them in to patties and fry them up and cover them with tomatoe gravey,,,,wonderful.
Grits is good food,,,,,and you can make whiskey from them too!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.