Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I thought it might be interesting to see how members came up with their forum names, or Handle.

I'll start it off. I chose my handle from my Old military number, b679995,

It seems like it would most likely not be duplicated by anyone else!

b679995

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

I used to be involved with online gaming a lot. My online name started out with things that had to do with my Chevelle, but many were taken (especially at the Chevelles.com). My ex-boss had called me "Bull" or "Bully" for the longest time. Making references to "The Bull", so da_bull just kinda stuck. The online game I played wouldnt take spaces for names originally, so I did the underscore and it has remained the same ever since.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Mine was gamer related originally as well but it really became a standard over time on various boards.
Now it's more about Supertramp's song Rudy more than anything.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Originally start out as "85 Aspencade" when I had my "85" - then got my "'96" & Steve graciuosly agreed to update my name, tho technically it should be "96 SE" but what the heck. :action::action::action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
imported post

Mine was my radio call sign when I retired from the dept.

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
imported post

I have no idea how i came up with my handle...:D:D:D

To ensure that no one else uses my name, I joined every site in the entire cyber world and used this handle!:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

Sure took a long time...:D

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

My great grandparents sorta' chose mine when they hung middle names on my grandfathers.

Only thing is, my mother hated my paternal grandfather so much that all she gave me was an initial instead of his full middle name. :cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
imported post

Someone at the gun club I belong to started calling me that, after a character in the Clint Eastwood movie 'Unforgiven'.

English Bob (Richard Harris) is an aging gunfighter hoping to make a score, but he gets the s$^t kicked out of him and is run out of town by the Sheriff (Gene Hackman).

I can align with the aging bit!!!

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
imported post

I live in a place called Tan Y Gaer,
My Company name is Tan Y Gaer

so tanygaer it was....

It is Welsh and means "Over The Fort"

We look down on Caernarvon Castle as it is now it was a fort in earlier times.

South Walians translate it as "Fire in the Fort" - "Tan" being Fire, as in Lletan, Fireplace..

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
imported post

I live in Texas (Duh...) and the Grasshopper part was given to me by my lovely wife. She attended a class I was facilitating and she "incorrectly" called me Grasshopper form the TV series 'Kung Fu', him being the student, instead of the teacher. But, like eggs in a new skillet & VERY dirty underwear thown against the wall, it stuck...now even my children call me Grasshopper...

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
imported post

No rocket science to mine.

SB, being my initials, and Iam from the great state ofSouth Carolina.:cool:

The first forum I was a member of was the "67-72 Chevy Trucks" forum when I was restoring my '68 Chevy ShortbedC-10 truck396 ci/ TH400 tranny. It was the name I used there. Then I joined the "Honda CX/GL 500/650" forum and carried the name there and finally here with you fine folks.:)

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
imported post

Used to belong to a club called brothers in the wind, but my wife said more like old farts in the wind, so i guess that is what i am:action:

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
imported post

My initials are G.W. (Greg Williams) so naturaly GW, My wife sugested it. My choice of bikes is naturaly G.W. (GoldWing)

·
Just one of the guys
4,799 Posts
imported post

I didn't choose it, my parents gave it to me when I was born.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

oh, I don't know.... "r" sounded good and so did "c" and maybe just a contraction of my last name

007.... need I say more!

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

When I first got my Goldwings I had never had a bike that big and at the time the 1200 was complex for me.

Every bike before had been chain driven, and cable clutch. You see where this is headed.

Both bikes had been sitting up at the P/O for almost two years and I had to figure out how to get them going.

So when I sheepishly sign on to this great group, I was "Lostinflorida". And I'm still lost most of the time. The people on here just put up with my nonsense.

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
imported post

English Bob wrote:
Someone at the gun club I belong to started calling me that, after a character in the Clint Eastwood movie 'Unforgiven'.

English Bob (Richard Harris) is an aging gunfighter hoping to make a score, but he gets the s$^t kicked out of him and is run out of town by the Sheriff (Gene Hackman).

I can align with the aging bit!!!
You should've gone with "Duck(Duke) of Death":cheeky1:

1 - 20 of 137 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.