Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi good day to all, my name is Martin I'm new here I'm a wheelchair user from South Africa and cant use my lower body and legs at all, I have a Goldwing GL1000 with a sidecar. How can I make the thing to go in reverse? is there something off the shelf that I can buy like a bolt on reverse for Harley Davidson's

Martin

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum Mr. Wheelchair:waving:I am not familiar with any bolt on reverse for old Wings.

What kind of setup with the sidecar do you have? Do you wheel up into the sidecar and drive the bike from there?

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
imported post

Not off the shelf, but I just saw a guy in the same situation. He had installed an 12vDC motor (winch type motor) in front of the side car wheel. The motor was installed on a pivot. When the motor wasn't in use it was pivoted away from the side car wheel, when he needed it, he would pull it back against the side car wheel and turn it on and would cause the bike to go backwards. I didn't see him use it. It was parked outside a place where there was a harley bike show going on. It was an old 750 hondamatic, probably around a 1975 bike or so. It was a pretty cool looking setup. The funny thing is, it had a large crowd of people around it checking it out and they were mostly harley guys. It was a pretty ingenus setup. On a side note, the reverse driving wheel on the wench type motor has a bunch of screws in it on the outer diameter of the wheel. I assume this was to help the driving wheel bite the wheel/Tire it was driving, he must have had trouble with it slipping I would assume.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
imported post

Mr Wheelchair,

I don't have a clue as to what you can do, but I can assure you that if you hang around here long enough, there are folks on this forum that can and will figure it out...I think that some of those "old dudes" (myself included) really enjoy a challenge..

Good Luck

Chester Gunn/Chula, GA

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.