Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My GW has trailer hitch. Is there a commercially available device that a golf bag can be tied to the GW via the hitch? Any suggestions where to start? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
imported post

They make a attachment for the hitch for clubs but it's very expensive. I wanna say 200+ dollars if my memory serves me right.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
imported post

A few years ago I bought a nice, inexpensive rack for my golf clubs from Al's Motorcycle Accessories located in Alabama. I can't find a working webpage. Maybe you will have better luck. Possibly someone on this forum will have another method to contact him.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Dave,
Nice to see you are up to some post reading and replying!

·
Registered
819 Posts
imported post

This is the Prototype for one we have been working on.

Let me know if you are interested and what you think.

Definitly open to suggestions for the final design.

We have also been building some luggage racks.

http://www.peterbylt.com/

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Peter, your design looks nice and simple. Is there a base for the bag to sit on?Would it be more securedif there is some tie or attachmentfrom the top of the caddy to the trunk of the gold wing?

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

i got a buddy who takes his rifles on his wing he made a cute holder that holds the cases and everything on the back of his bike

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
imported post

peterbilt wrote:
i got a buddy who takes his rifles on his wing he made a cute holder that holds the cases and everything on the back of his bike
Now THAT'S something to see.

Lends a new meaning to that old TV show. . .

''Have gun, will travel''
:gunhead:

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

by law when transporting fire arms in illinois if i recall correctly they have to be in a case no ammunition in the case ect ect....

thats what he told me and he was tired of loading up his truck when he wanted to go to the range even on a good nice sunny day he build up a holder on his hitch set up kinda bout the same as what you'd use on a golf club

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
imported post

Here's how I carry 'em on my BC...

·
Registered
819 Posts
imported post

HPham wrote:
Peter, your design looks nice and simple. Is there a base for the bag to sit on?Would it be more securedif there is some tie or attachmentfrom the top of the caddy to the trunk of the gold wing?
The prototype does not have a base but we plan on putting one about 18" square with a rail around it.

I don't think any stability would be gained by attaching the rack to the trunk. The rackframe is quite sturdy and the hitch receivers are usually attached to the bikes frame, but we could easily add something like that if you wanted it.

Peter

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

Peter They will never let you on the course with that golf cart
Harley already makes a 3 wheeler!!!!

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
imported post

any proublem covering the rear license plate?

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
imported post

I use a light weight bag, and just bunge them over the back seat.

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
imported post

Man this question has got my mind just a goin. You have a big bag what?? got pic's?? I would use a light small bag but I got some ideas for bigger bags. interesting. Saw one with a canoe rack once?? thought about using it for a ladder rack.

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
imported post

saltmar14 wrote:
any proublem covering the rear license plate?
You could consider it being covered just like pulling a trailer as long asthe bag is not right ON the plate. So long as it is readable, I would say no until informed otherwize.
But then, there's always those "Barney Fife's" out there. :?

:action:FOUR-FOR-FORE!

·
Very active member
305 Posts
imported post

i had mine all wrapped and ready to go, and it looked a lot like that. once i stepped back, i noticed you cant see the brake light that well. in my opinion it wasnt safe enough. still seeable, but i know there are people who wouldnt notice it. my next thought is to wrap a trailer brake light onto it. just my two cents, and from what i hear, not too important.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
imported post

I have one of the cooler rack that fits in the receiver hitch. I have two ½ inch pipes, about 3 feet long, that screw into floor flanges that are mounted to the cooler rack. The golf bag fits between the two pipes and is strapped to them.

(The cooler rack and pipes are used to hold up my dog carrier. But, it also work to haul clubs!)

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.