Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I clean all jets by needle. I never soak them overnight and I just don't believe slow jets will be clean next morning if I use carb cleaner.
Slow jets: I spray and stroke needle 2-3 times from each side of jet.
I don't believe that you can increase hole by needle unless you use a hammer. Once I even had to make a drill bit off needle, I moved it over sharpening stone once about 20-30 degrees. Only in this case I could remove some metal along with dirt but dirt is softer so it gets out before metal.
After I can see light thru slow jet I use magnifying glass to make sure hole is round and completely clean, not partialy clogged.

So, what do you do?

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
imported post

after cleaning in carb cleaner, i boil them on stove in water and maybe some c l r, if you have it.

fact is i do complete carbs this way, taken apart, of course.

mark:waving:

·
Administrator
28,067 Posts
imported post

If you are still having problems after cleaning the problem could be in the passages instead of the jets. They are small and make turns and can be hard to get clean.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
imported post

I'll boil them in vinegar. I use a piece of fine wire off a wire brush to clean them. If I have any doubt......I'll just go down to my local shop and go through the box of jets and match it up and replace it.

You got to clean the seats and passages too. If the carb has a lot of "plaque" in it........a complete strip down and hour long boil in vinegar may be neccesary. I'll use compressed air to blow out the passages periodically during the boiling.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

Thanks, great info!

·
Premium Member
145 Posts

·
Premium Member
236 Posts

·
Premium Member
239 Posts

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
imported post

cyclewizard wrote:
Bish wrote:
tjradphilly wrote:
cyclewizard wrote:
I like the ultra sonic also, reduces chances of scaring the jets when sticking things in them. That doesn't sound right.
Yes......you only want to scare your jets when they have the hiccups.
:cheeky1:....
ok ok It is Oct you know.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

When I finally get one I plan to fill it with seafoam.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.