Premium Member
3,303 Posts
imported post

I wonder whose trike that is?

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
imported post

There is a poster here in N/Cal posting the same type adds.

I reply to one and said I would send a 9000.00 m/oand that I would send someone to pick up the bike and the extra cash............there was no reply...lol

Kurt

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imported post

He seems to have all the right specifications listed and done his homework. If he isn't a scammer, he is dumb for selling it so cheap. :dumb:

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
imported post

That was up on the Stain Louis CL a while back

·
Valkyrie Scum
2,777 Posts
imported post

It's not how dumb do they think we are - they know we aren't that dumb - at least not MOST of us. It's like any other scam (legal or not) - it's a numbers game. If you get 1000 people to look at that add and only 10% respond and only 1% of that actually fall for it you are still making money. Think of it like the legal rebate system. The company's who offer a mail in rebate KNOW (stats back it up) that only a certain % of the people who make the purchase will send in the rebate - saving them money. So instead of just marking their product down $50 they force a mail in rebate system that they know statistically will make their overall discount only $30 (pulled all numbers out of my ear - I do not know the actual percentages.)

I read an article in readers digest a while back talking about a guy who not only sent the money to Nigeria (common scam is called Nigerian bank scam) but he flew there and personally handed them MORE money. Humans can be a very gullible species. Many of us just can't pass up the possibility of loosing out on such a GREAT deal and look past the possibility of it being to good to be true.

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
imported post

Looks like a great deal :D

There's an ad on the Phoenix CL for an 1800, I think the guy's asking 5k, I only go on to look through the ads once a month or so. That ad's been there, near the top of the list, for about a year.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

britman wrote:
That was up on the Stain Louis CL a while back
That's the best name for St. Louis I have heard in a while.

;)

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Hey CBH, what tipped you off?:cheeky1::cheeky1::action:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.