Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

A couple days ago I left work early and headed out to enjoy a beautiful day. I pretty much stayed on the back roads. It was one of the more pleasurable rides I have had in a long time. I wasn't going anywhere, just going. It sure got rid of the stress of the week. Just cruising at about 60. Ended up going just over 150 miles before I found gas. I have never went that far without filling up. It is nice to know I can, but it did make me wonder how far you guys (especially with an 1100) can go without a fill.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

With a GL-1200 I get about 180 and then start looking.

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
imported post

About 240 on my 1800

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

My 82 will get me around 160 before I start looking, sometimes 180 depending on my riding habits. Todays ride coming home from Georgia was on average at 55mph and I got 44 miles to the gallon.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

Due to my Screwey Fuel Guage I cleaned, I usually fill up at 160 to 180 miles. I set my trip meter before I take off. I have never used over 3.7 gallons at one time, but I do not get that great of mileage though. It's roughly 42-47, depending om how/where I ride and go.
MDKramer told me how to fix that problem though. Drain your tank, Put 2.5 gallons of fuel in it, and beng your Fuel Guage bar (Under your seat) till it reads 1/2 tank. That should leave you with a 3/10 gallon of reserve. This correct?
Nightrider1
Nightrider11

·
Administrator
26,187 Posts
imported post

You should get about 180 miles before switching to reserve.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

I get around 150 average before switching to reserve. I have that funny carb, so it doesn't get great mileage, but it's good enough for me.

·
Disfunctional Nimatode
3,381 Posts
imported post

I'll run arond 200 miles out on the road on my 1200 if there are fuel stops consistent.

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
imported post

With the 1100s we would typically go 160 to 200 miles before switching to reserve. Since reserve is 1.3 gallons, that usually leaves plenty of opportunities to get fuel. If off the beaten path or pulling the trailer thenlook a little sooner.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Once in my National Guard days, I once went about 45-50 miles on a tank, an M60A3 main batle tank, with a stabilized 105mm gun complete with a laser range-finder and a linked ballistic computer.......

had an onboard intercom system......no XM radio however.....

that sucker had good weather protection, but it was a dog in the twisties.......

could never wheelie it.........

probably got about 4 miles per gallon.......

but nobody messed with ya.......

:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Kind of sounds like my Motorhome, 28,000 lbs, 6 mpg. I like the trike 38 mpg.

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
imported post

I usually get to 160-180 and start lookin for a petrol station.I've not gone into reserveon my presentGW but I have been informed that the anniversery modelslike mineareheavier on juice for some reason:baffled:and apparently theywere built in Japan not the USA

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

150 was my frantic zone. At 150 I would look. Try out for yourself you never know when you need ot push it. Next time you go out on a run lkike that keep an extra 2 gallons of fresh fuel with you in one of the bags .
I did this and found that I could do a little over 160. im so glad the day I did 150 I was close to town.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
imported post

Whitehouse, I pushed mine goingto Indiana last year, I went 210 total after switching to reserve and then I stopped and filled up.I get around 41 mpg. with my 1100. that being said she was also naked, going to push this year with the fairing and bags on and see how much it changes.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
imported post

With my 1100 it is always in the range of 168 to 176 then switch to reserve. Stiop at first station I come to. Have never tried to push it on rerserve. Don't like the idea of walking. The 1500 has seen 200 to 208 when the reserve or low full light kicks on. These are solo numbers. 2 up changes the numbers some.

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

Does the 91I have a low fuel light? I've never seen it come on. I'll fill up when it hits the red on the gauge. I dont think I've ever put more than 5 gallons at a fill up, and I trickle/fill up to the filler neck. I told my wife the next time it gets low for her to follow me in the truck with a couple gallons. I was going to run it out, just to see.

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
imported post

About 180 on my 1100 and about 240 on my 1800 although usually get gas around 200. I usually need to get off the bike and move around a little to get the blood going to my other parts at about 200 miles.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
imported post

Right after I got the 1800, I wanted to see how far it would go before it completely ran out, so I strapped on a one gallon bottle and carried it. At 260 with the fuel guage well below empty, it still hadn't sputtered, so I stopped and put in the gallon. Just wanted to know for sure how well the guage worked and how far it could make it. I always stop around 220 to 230 regardless.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
imported post

I always fill up at about 160-180 with my 1500 I do mostly 1up on the super slab, I have gone 210 then the RED light came on, It's funny how you trust your car/truck gas gauge but everybody I know that rides keeps an eye on mileage!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.