Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How humble does it make you to be riding a motorbike in the Italian Alps (Dolomites) and have a bicyclist pass you on the downhills? **** dam (stupid auto censor!) humble! Them alpine bicycle guys do scream downhill.....50, 60 mph maybe.....

·
Senior Smart Aleck
1,599 Posts
Not near as humbling as if he'd passed you on the uphill side. :):)
Beautiful picture by the way.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Day-um...

(See... that flew right by the censors!)

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not near as humbling as if he'd passed you on the uphill side. :):)
Beautiful picture by the way.
Shot by my beautiful wife, on the run right over my shoulder.....that greyish blur on the left is my helmet! She does the majority of our photography, and in that way....on the run!

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you want a beautiful overseas experience, go to Balzano, Italy... (fly to Munich, take a train over Brenner Pass to Balzano).... rent a bike at this place, http://www.rent-a-bike.it/47/english.html, and go ride the Dolomites....anywhere in the Dolomites.... you'll never be the same!

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Probably one of my biggest regrets while stationed in Army over in Germany was not taking my motorcycle over there. Just beautiful country over there. I toured Germany, Switzerland and Austria while I was stationed there.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Years and years ago, my wife and I made the conscious decision to "live small" -- small house, small car, small everything -- in order to have the funds to "travel large......." It was the best decision we ever made......

The Cliffs Of Mohar, The Republic Of Ireland

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Man CJ, you two have had some awesome rides!

·
Senior Smart Aleck
1,599 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
My hat goes off to those guys and gals that pedal up hill and down hill - I certainly couldn't do that!!! Beautiful photos - both of them...

Us too Cousin Jack - been living small for 30 years and now we're traveling - Ireland is on the list for next year ;)

Les

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here's a few more from our summer expedition; hopefully I haven't posted them before.....getting on the wrong side of seventy, and participating on three bike forums, I forget what I post where......sorry if any of these are repeats!

A hick in paradise, Passo dello Sella, the Dolomites, Northern Italy....

...the best thing about me? My sweet, suffering, ever-smiling, ever-cheerful, ever-brave wife, the unbeatable Red Goudger!

Every motorcyclist shoud do this once, if not more..... You owe it to yourself, and trust me, it ain't that hard!

... Did the Stelvio! Got the t-shirt!

·
Senior Smart Aleck
1,599 Posts
Pictures are nice CJ, but who's the old guy that keeps gettin in the way? :):):)

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
That would be a bits less humbling than being passed by a skateboarder...

From a trip down the hill from Yosemite on Tioga Pass... @ 50 mph, when he went zipping by me like a flash... I had not seen him in my mirrors, and he scared the bejesus outta me, as he passed me with on-coming traffic, causing him to be on the centerline about 2 feet to my left...

Can't seem to get the pics to load, but it was "enlightening" to say the least...

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Years and years ago, my wife and I made the conscious decision to "live small" -- small house, small car, small everything -- in order to have the funds to "travel large......." It was the best decision we ever made......

The Cliffs Of Mohar, The Republic Of Ireland

My daughter and her husband recently returned from a trip to Ireland. They went there because my daughter was bitten by the ancestry bug and wanted to get closer to the source of our family history. She brought me a rock from my great, great grandfathers farm. They also visited quite a few tourist type places while there. The Cliffs of Mohar were among them. They took pictures and when I get them I will post a few if they are any good. I can never hope to match your pictures. Keep posting them, that is the only way I will get to see a lot of those great places.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.