Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I've seen some GL1100's and GL1200's that have been made into trikes. How in the world do people move their trikes around with no reverse? I have hard enough time just moving the GL1200 bike around as it is! Am I missing something ? :?Do some of the conversion kits come with some type a a reverse for these older bikes, or do you always need to bring your wife along to push?

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
imported post

I have a 1500 that I had triked 20k miles ago. It's been 2 years now, but old habits die hard. I still always park with the nose (front wheel) up hill. The 1500 has reverse, but I very seldom use it. It's too slow.

Steve

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

My biggest concern would be getting it out of the garage!

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
imported post

my riding buddy had his Electra Glide triked, no reverse, never seemed like a problem to him, suppose it's how you look ahead and park

·
Just one of the guys
4,805 Posts
imported post

I find the trike is a LOT easier to push backward than the bike ever was because you don't have to balance it. Mine has reverse but I usually just push it out of the garage becasue it is so much faster.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Interesting. I never really thought about it like that. You could actually get in front of it and push if you needed to, and not worry about it tipping over!

·
Deceased 1/2017
1,206 Posts
imported post

My GL1200 SE-i trike has reverse

Size 12 boots are reverse :ROFL::ROFL:

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
imported post

I have reverse also but like Steve and Doug said it's faster just pushing it. I also get nervous about breaking the starter gear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.