Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

When did you last find helpful answers or other help on this forum?

• Today

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • This Week

• This Month

• This Year

• Never

• Can't Remember

• I never needed help, thanks

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

This is a question I seen asked on the 1800 site recently and I thought it might be valid here.
Many members jump in and help with various Goldwing problems, technical questions, tyre/tire questions, oil questions, what to wear questions and a thousand others. Of course we all know that not all the answers hit the mark and that's normal for forums. So my question & poll is simply:

When did you last find helpful answers or other help on this forum?

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
imported post

Many times others post a problem that you have been mulling over your self.

They get an answer that help you.
I try to log on most weeks and normally find out something new.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

I find something on here useful about everyday. whether it is a issue that I am having with the bike, or something I have not thought of looking at or checking before a problem arises. If nothing else, helping someone find or get a part they are looking for.

and if all else fails, there is the harassing that can be pretty fun!:cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
imported post

Every day I can. Many of us older fellers remember the old days pre internets when you were pretty much on your own. I've never lost sight of that and thus never take this awesome place for granted. Thanks. For everything!:bow:

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

I find this forum helpful on a daily basis as a means of escape from the world which surrounds me.

Works good too.

·
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird
1,706 Posts
imported post

I find the forum very helpful and always get answers to a problem.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

Being a social outcast, I find it loads of fun here.(kidding) This place, and the great folks here, has saved me hundreds of dollars in labor costs, I got prayers and support for my wife while she was ailing, and when our daughter was fighting cancer for the second time in her life. This place is a part of my day, and I have made alot of cyber friends, as well as met some of the members. Truely a fine site. The best mods in the buisness, too! (kiss up to them, and it does you NO GOOD!) jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
imported post

I find that I look at the forum every day like a news paper.There is always something new and interesting to read about. Dwight

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

escogold wrote:
Every day I can. Many of us older fellers remember the old days pre internets when you were pretty much on your own. I've never lost sight of that and thus never take this awesome place for granted. Thanks. For everything!:bow:
:bowing:that sums it up for me too :bowing:

·
Administrator
57,972 Posts
imported post

Wow Norman,

What a relevant question, and a lot of different answers going to come up.

I am not unlike Rudy’s reply but with a twist.

I first found the forum searching for help on my GL1200 which I owned at the time. It had carburetor issues galore, and I found out how to fix it right here.

Then along comes January 2008 and I have a sudden meeting with a very large truck which does a 90° left turn in front of me and we meet at the center median barrier wall. 3 concussions and brain injury result.

This forum became my center of attention. It was perfect for me, as I could only focus on one thing at a time, and only for a few minutes. Then I had to lay down a take naps. A lot of naps, and every day.

During the course of my rehab, I wanted to get my brain to thinking mechanical and electrical again. I wanted to be able to help others who asked questions. So, I started a very intensive set of bookmarks on the forum. It is huge now, after more than 3 years of trying to bookmark every thread that I thought would help someone. All indexed too.

It has taken two years to get back to “normal enough” to ride a bike again, but I did it, and I thank every one of you for putting up with me during my rehabilitation. Without you wonderful folks, I don’t think I could have come back from the “undead but dead” nearly so well.

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

There is always something for me here either in learning something new or getting some specific information I need or may need later. In that respect the forum helps me almost daily.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
imported post

I usually read the forum on a daily basis. There is always something to learn and perhaps I can help someone as well.

First came here when I bought the '85 and knew NOTHING about Wings.
since I like to wrench myself, this was the place to go to for info.

Keep it up!

Bart

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
imported post

Forums like this are a Godsend. I myself never owned a Goldwing and it's amazing how a simple machine brings out the best in people wanting to share and help. I have found out so much and have applied it to the redoing of my 83. There is always something to learn or share.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
imported post

bobg wrote:
WOW, i'd still be pushing my wing without yous guys!!!!!!:bow:
"YOUS GUYS" Geez Bob, you sound like a NEW ENLINDAH

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
imported post

I don't think there is anything I can say that hasn't been said. Everyone that has used the site, agree with the replies or not, benefits. :action:

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
imported post

I read the forums daily and always learn something new I can share with others . I am so glad for all you guys sharing what you've learned. :waving::action:

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

I learn something new almost every day. Well, let me put it another way. I sometimes relearn things that I may have known before but have forgotten. So it is kinda like hiding your own easter eggs.

As for the value of this forum-------PRICELESS

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.