Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm going through an '83 Aspy. Just got the carbs off and noticed there were only 3 pilot screw limiters. The fourth looks like it was broken off. Should there be four complete pilot screws? If one is broken off I'll reset them all as prescribed in the manual. Do I need to buy four new ones or can i get just one and use the three old ones? That is if I can get the limiter head off the existing ones.

Don't want to start a debate but here goes.What is a turn. When in college a long time ago I worked at a Taylor Rental. The old wise mechanic there taught me that a turn was a 180 degree rotaion of the screw. Seemed reasonable as we normal jointed folks have to reposition the tool or regrip it to go much further. I have had others more recently tell me that its equal to a complete rotation (360 degrees). Did the standard change or is someone full of it? :stumped:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

fgh wrote:
I'm going through an '83 Aspy. Just got the carbs off and noticed there were only 3 pilot screw limiters. The fourth looks like it was broken off. Should there be four complete pilot screws? If one is broken off I'll reset them all as prescribed in the manual. Do I need to buy four new ones or can i get just one and use the three old ones? That is if I can get the limiter head off the existing ones.

Don't want to start a debate but here goes.What is a turn. When in college a long time ago I worked at a Taylor Rental. The old wise mechanic there taught me that a turn was a 180 degree rotaion of the screw. Seemed reasonable as we normal jointed folks have to reposition the tool or regrip it to go much further. I have had others more recently tell me that its equal to a complete rotation (360 degrees). Did the standard change or is someone full of it? :stumped:
I believe one of the limiters must have been broken off. The wise old mechanic must have been sniffing exhaust fumes a bit too long, a turn is a turn 360 degrees.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.