Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Rode to work this morning in East Tennessee. It was a blustery 34 degrees outside, a little on the chilly side.:snowman:

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

I ride up until the first snow fall... Temps don't bother me, snow does :cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

I'm with Digby, if there is no snow/ice, I'm usually riding.

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
imported post

I always did ride year round,I think it will be a breeze with the Wing now.
We had our first frost just yesterday morning,and I was on the rode at 8:30 am,no problem........

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

I will ride as long as the roads are clear.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
imported post

In south central Texas it's pretty much year round.

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

I know, we don't have winter in Florida!!!:cheeky1:But I do ride some mornings when its just above freezing. Unless it's raining when I'm ready to leave the house, I ride everyday.

I normally book my donation times at the blood bank for early in the morning. Doing plateletts takes a couple hours and I want to have the rest of the day to enjoy. So some mornings it can be pretty chilly (I didn't say cold) at 7:30am.

·
Premium Member
1,081 Posts
imported post

Here in the cold cold NORTH it's challenging.

I usually put the bike away in mid-december and don't plan on riding it again until mid-march.

Having said that, rides in November, December and March are very dependent on the weather.

Yesterday it was below freezing when we got up but by the time we got all bundled up it was a balmy 34F so we headed out for the day and did 250 miles admiring the colour of the leaves. By 1PM it was 50F so turned out to be a gorgeous and sunny day. :waving:

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

As long as there is no ice, snow or cold rain, I ride. It was 42 degrees when I left for work this morning, nice crisp 26 mile ride.:)

Gene:waving:

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
imported post

Saturday my buddy and I road from Chicago to The Mississippi and back (380 miles) The weather started out as rainy and 39 Degrees. reached a high of 52 deg. As long as there is no snow I will ride. I used to work with a guy who road all year. He didn't own a car just his HD (he is a shriner and rides in their parades). He wore a snowmobile suit and road all year long. I have seen him plowing through several inches of snow on his bike. That is just to intense for my bones.

·
Premium Member
20,585 Posts
imported post

DigbyODell wrote:
I ride up until the first snow fall... Temps don't bother me, snow does :cooldevil:
I'm with Digger.........No snow! :shock:

Did KANWINGS Ride to the Ozark this past weekend and rode in the rain at 48 degrees...........

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
imported post

before i got the goldwing in my younger days i had a old enduro honda that i used to ride in ohio in the winter time, i just put my feet down and go icy roads or not, it was 10 miles to work so just took the back roads, i look back at it now and think ok how stupid was that lol.....

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

Yea my ride to work is about 27 miles or so. I plan on riding through the winter as long as there is no snow or ice on the road.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
imported post

as long as the roads are clear of ice and snow. had local leo follow me when it was 20 degrees but roads were clear.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

GLester wrote:
As long as there is no ice, snow or cold rain, I ride. It was 42 degrees when I left for work this morning, nice crisp 26 mile ride.:)

Gene:waving:
Yup. 40 here this morning. I just wear long pants when it gets colder.

·
Pops
4,519 Posts
imported post

I ride all year. :cool:

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
imported post

lostinflorida wrote:
I know, we don't have winter in Florida!!!:cheeky1:But I do ride some mornings when its just above freezing. Unless it's raining when I'm ready to leave the house, I ride everyday.

I normally book my donation times at the blood bank for early in the morning. Doing plateletts takes a couple hours and I want to have the rest of the day to enjoy. So some mornings it can be pretty chilly (I didn't say cold) at 7:30am.
Plan to ride from pennsylvania to sarasota florida in november if the roads are clear,no rain and temps above 35 degrees or I might have to take the car.....

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.