Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much does it cost to have the carbs rebuild on an 88 1500? I heard that it is around $1,000, is that true?

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Seems like a bit much for the area where I'm at. In this area I would say 500 - 800 will get a thorough professional job. Alot will depend on parts needed, how deteriorated things are, etc.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
The 1500 only has 2 carbs. $500 per carb sound high to me anywhere in the country.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
The 1500 only has 2 carbs. $500 per carb sound high to me anywhere in the country.
Does not sound that high at all, IF it includes the removal and reinstallation. (and if you can find someone that will even do it)

I did the ones on my 88.

Getting them out and in is VERY time consuming....

Bill

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
The need for vacuum pistons alone can add approx $250 to the job just like that. Not every 1500 carb job is the same. I would expect a good thorough job of diagnose, remove, clean and fix, check adjacents like filters and vacuum lines, reinstall, test ride and fine tune to take 5 to 6 hours for someone who knows what they're doing.

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
Man those are some really nice restorations that Pete done, especially on that straight 4 ....But carb rebuilds on a 1500 can be a lot of fun, ask 93Wing, he done mine..One vacumn piston looked liked it had been "burned", Mark in New Caney had two that he had ordered, before hios wreck, for his 1500, he gave them to us, all we lacked was doing the "fine tuning" when Charles had his wreck...

On 1000, 1100, and 1200's there is a shop near me that will take the carbs off, tear them down, clean them up, they don't do all the polishing on the outside, but for parts and labor it was just shy of $600.00, I thought that was a great deal...That included new fuel hoses, clamps, cleaning gas tank out, putting in new gas, and filter..I had them change the engine oil, filter, and air filter while it was there...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.