Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Ok, so I've been wondering why Honda, in their infinite wisdom, took the time to emboss lines onto the dipstick, creating 3 segments, but didn't bother embossing words such as Low, OK, High.

So, when I am looking at my 1200's dipstick, what is what? I've been filling to the center of the center segment, as viewed by taking the dipstick out, wiping it off, re-inserting it (without screwing it in) and then pulling it out for the look-see.

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
imported post

philcsand wrote:
Ok, so I've been wondering why Honda, in their infinite wisdom, took the time to emboss lines onto the dipstick, creating 3 segments, but didn't bother embossing words such as Low, OK, High.

So, when I am looking at my 1200's dipstick, what is what? I've been filling to the center of the center segment, as viewed by taking the dipstick out, wiping it off, re-inserting it (without screwing it in) and then pulling it out for the look-see.
philcsand, the lines are what you need to look at not the segments (well sort of anyhow).

With bike on center stand, run engine for 2-3 minutes, then pull dipstick & wipe clean, then insert (don't screw in), then pull & read, correct oil level is between the top & bottom line. If oil needed re-fill to top line.

Twisty

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

In the manual, check oil level with the dipstick from the screwed in position with bike on centre stand, oil should be at the upper mark.

In the handbook, run engine, remove dipstick, wipe, insert without screwing it in, oil should be between the upper and lower marks.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.