Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Okay, my starter is sticking in the cold, and I have never treated the oil with Seafoam before changing. Soooo, how much should I put in and for how long before changing the oil for the spring?

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Instructions on the can, ride it a couple hundred miles then do a oil/filter change.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
imported post

I had the same question so I ask Sea Foam and here's what they sent to me last week!

Sea Foam Motor Treatment is a Blended Petroleum Product, NOT A CHEMICAL and is widely used as an old oil residue reducer and moisture drier in any oil crankcase.

Sea Foam Motor Treatment is most commonly used as a pre service, old oil residue re-liquefier / cleaner / diagnostic tool, and moisture drier, and is also used as an after service additive. Sea Foam Motor Treatment does NOT add significantly to oil volume, so removing oil is NOT required for use, when used according to printed directions on the product container.

1. As a PRE SERVICE CLEANER for old oil residue, (sticky rings or valve train noise, diagnostics), pour 1 ½ ounces of Sea Foam Motor Treatment into the engine oil crankcase for EACH quart of crankcase oil capacity including filter. (Diesels use 1 pint Sea Foam to 4 gallons of oil, please.) Drive a MINIMUM of 30 minutes/miles, MAXIMUM 200 miles, (Diesels 1 hour drive/run time MINIMUM) and then do your oil change service (LOF). This is the process of safely/slowly re liquefying the old oil residue so contaminants may flow and be filtered. This also makes your old oil dirtier, quickly, so a LOF service is necessary when the oil gets dirty. Great for Turbo & Supercharged applications where hot oils deteriorate so quickly due to heat, those residues NEED CLEANING. (LOF = Lube oil & Filter service = OIL CHANGE).

2. As an AFTER SERVICE ADDITIVE into fresh oil, nearly fresh oil, or oil (used condition) that is NOT ready to be changed (by mileage), put 1 ½ ounces Sea Foam Motor Treatment into the crankcase per quart of capacity as described above, then SELF SET a program to MONITOR your oil for proper level, color and clarity on a mileage, timed, or event basis (like every time you add fuel, etc.) to determine when an oil service is necessary. (LOF) When the oil gets dirty, CHANGE IT!

Sea Foam Motor Treatment will safely and slowly re liquefy old oil residue, This will usually make your oil need changing BEFORE your normal scheduled LOF service. Only your monitoring of the oil for color and clarity can tell when it is time to do LOF (oil change service), or 3,000 miles, whichever comes first.

Synthetic oils, both blends and 100%, were engineered and are manufactured to be 100% compatible with petroleum based oils, all brands, and vice/versa. Without compatibility, oil manufacturers and engineers would be liable for the results of mixing non-compatible lubricants.

Check your oil; monitor its level, color & clarity to determine the need for an LOF service! Change your oil when it gets dirty!

Technical Services Department July 2008 DD
Sea Foam Sales Company

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

I tried the seafoam in my oil and I got to tell you it did wonders for my shifting and the rpm's seemed more stable too:action:

Ride Safe, Ray

:waving:

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Damm. I should have been doing this a long time ago! Now, another question. With the Stator apparently going out because the acids in the oil eat away the insulation, is there any danger of exacerbating this condition by adding Seafoam to the oil?

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

Sea foam will not effect your stator if used as directed. Acids in oil will. Sea foam will help remove acids, dry carbon & other deposits be returning them to a liquid form & allowing the filter to trap them. Your oil will be noticably dirtier because of this.

Sea foam for Canada is available at NAPA , sometimes wal-mart, or canadian tire. try napa first!

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,834 Posts
imported post

Sea Foam is not a very popular product on the forums here.

It has only been mentioned in 469 threads as of today :D

In the FAQ Forum, there is a thread that tries to collect a few of those threads. Tries, being the operative word of course. :p

The search engine the forum has now, is very good at pulling out info from our archives.

You just have to have the patience to go read all of the hits it provides. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.