Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

well i was at the local car graveyard today getting a tire for the old jalopy

and there it was just a shimmerin in a corner i found a 1981 1100 interstate modle its been hit in the rh rear took out the saddle bag

it has no wrap around stuff guards or anything like that, its a honda line system, with the gold pinstriping it dosent run other than that bit of damage i think its a good buy just for the parts alone

im thinkin maybe 300-500 bucks what do you all think now im a haggler, i may just trade my services of mechanics and haggle out a deal with him work part time guys call in and want parts removed and he has a crew of guys pull parts out of the cars.

so any input is needed i bought my basket case for 700 bucks so even if i can get this thing to run which shouldt be too hard if i have to i can transplant my engine into this bike the body is a heck of alot better than mine is.

thank ya for readin

big A

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Bet you could pick it up for $200.00

Just make the offer.

Most they could do is say no.

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
imported post

I always try and find out what a person will take for their goods before makeing an offer. But not much of a haggler myself good luck hope you get it on the cheap.

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
imported post

I bet you won't get it for less than $500. Chances are it was picked up at the scene, which means there is a $250 dollar tow bill and at least a couple weeks worth of storage on it.

The scrap yard is going to make money on it so IF you get it for $500 you'll be lucky.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

I would offer $200, go as high as $300..... For a bike thats been hit and doesn't run, thats fair.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

Tow bill and storage only counts if the owner wants it back.
To sell it outright to anyone else it's only worth whatever someone will pay, bills don't count.

If they scrap it or auction it they probably won't get much.
If they are not in the bike salvage business and it's just sitting there rotting away they may take about anything if it's worthless to them.

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
imported post

Start at $100.00, a car or minivan is only worth $300.00 in scrap.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

...start at $0.00, ...and work up from there.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
imported post

$200.00 at the most. bought a 1200 last feb. for $700.00 that only had 32,000 miles on it, its a very good bike. they cost to much to repair even if you do the work. regards walkabout :)

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
imported post

My brother had his 84A totaled out by the insurance company last week. As he has found another real nice 84I, he was interested in keeping it for parts. The engine is trashed(crack in the bottom of the block) the fairing is trashed and the front forks are badly twisted. The adjuster said they would want 800-1000 for the buy back. They get to keep it at that price. We were both thinking 200-300, but they weren't a bit interested at that price.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
imported post

I sure wouldn't give much for a wrecked bike that does not run!! I gave $750 for this 1981 GL1100, and it only need a little carb cleaning!!
Good deals are out there. Especially this time of year.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
imported post

I am not much of a hagler either. I would ask what they want for it, and if it is less than $500, give them the money and take it away. If it is mre than $500, tell them you will give them $500, and if that doesn't work for them, walk away. That's how I would handle it.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Well??:stumped:What did you decide to do??

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

oh sorry lol i worked out a deal with the owner ive met him alot being i work on cars alot im in there alot buying parts and stripping cars to get my parts

well he said it isnt worth anything to him he was going to just load it on the next iron load for scrap i about pooped myself

so im gonna strip cars for him next summer for 2 weeks and its mine

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
imported post

Way Too GO!!!

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

scrap iron the nerve!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
imported post

Instead of working for 2 weeks, you should just pay him its scrap iron worth...which isn't much right now. You'd be way better off!

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

peterbilt wrote:
oh sorry lol i worked out a deal with the owner ive met him alot being i work on cars alot im in there alot buying parts and stripping cars to get my parts

well he said it isnt worth anything to him he was going to just load it on the next iron load for scrap i about pooped myself

so im gonna strip cars for him next summer for 2 weeks and its mine
???

If it ain't worth anything to him, and he was going to scrap it, ...why are you giving him 80 hours?

...just curious pb.

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

well he aint gonna give it to me for free, and rather than give him a couple hundred bucks i can just work a couple hours a day not a full 40 week just 3 or so hours for 2 weeks yankin parts not a bad deal if you ask me

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.