Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Sounds like a very fair price to me.

Nobody is spending any money now because of economic concerns.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,650 Posts
imported post

The local Honda shop has the 2012 models at $19,995 currently. That is the nearest I can come with a comparison.

Both of them are the base model, no ABS or Air Bags.

·
Premium Member
5,381 Posts
imported post

Up here the dealer list price for 2012 is 29,999 (AL)plus 1,000 for the airbag (AD).

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
imported post

I have a level 2 09 and I believe it is fair price. but keep in mind they are advertising new 2010 level 1 for $17999 - $18999 with $1000 riding gear

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

jnel57 wrote:
I have a level 2 09 and I believe it is fair price. but keep in mind they are advertising new 2010 level 1 for $17999 - $18999 with $1000 riding gear
Yes, I understand that but it's kind of like buying a 1 series BMW, if you want a 7 series you have to pay more, as I said if you want it.

I for one, having owned a Airbag model would never buy another Goldwing without one.
Safety was the most important factor in buying, The airbag may or may not save your life, but for a little more money, I figured I was worth it.

Thanks for posting.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
imported post

motorgold wrote:
I am trying to sell my 2009 Level 4 Airbag, Yellow for $18,000 is that a fair price?
It is in, like new condition with about 11,800 miles. some options.

Thanks for any help.:?

Do you offer full warranty and 0.99% interest, like the dealer does for a brand new one? If so it might be a touch high, if not, not a chance. Sorry to be the bearer of the news for you but if you want to sell it, at least you have to beat the dealers around.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
imported post

motorgold wrote:
jnel57 wrote:
Yes, I understand that but it's kind of like buying a 1 series BMW, if you want a 7 series you have to pay more, as I said if you want it.

I for one, having owned a Airbag model would never buy another Goldwing without one.
Safety was the most important factor in buying, The airbag may or may not save your life, but for a little more money, I figured I was worth it.

Thanks for posting.
you cannot use the BMW as a guide. A 3 series is a different car than a 7 series. A Goldwing is a Goldwing, some just have more accessories

I am not saying that it is not worth more. I was just trying to help you understand the market and letting you know the options that buyers of Goldwings have.

and as mention by Kimswang, Dealers offer payments with .99 interest, a full warranty and a bike with less miles with morechoicesof colors.

You have to ask yourself if you want to test the market or do you want to sell it now

I wish you nothing but the best

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

First of all, thought it may be a tad low, I would price it at $15,000 High priced used bikes around here (Phoenix, AZ) simply do not sell. You may have a better economy there. You cannot compare a used bike, even a slightly used bike, to a new one. When someone wants a new bike, they want a new bike.

One place a used bike has the advantage is the price. If you are asking $18,000 for it, then that's all. A dealer would add on several thousand more in fees. That alone is enough to keep me away from a dealer, no matter what else they may offer, and is the main reason I will probably never again buy a new bike, unless the recession comes back, and dealers start selling at 2/3 price again. Remember, the longer you keep it the less it will be worth.

As for the airbag, I'm almost certainly in the minority here, but I would not buy a motorcycle with an airbag, and if I did, I would remove it. I would be paranoid riding around with an explosive device inches away from my face, that could go off at any time, possibly causing a fatal accident. People laugh at that, but other electronics fail on a regular basis,, how is an airbag any different?

Anyway, best of luck in selling it.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Well I guess buying a Goldwing was a mistake, Looks like there are way to many leftover gl1800's that the dealing can't give them away, in short Honda screwed us all by overpricing the bikes in the first place, than having to take $3000 to 4000 off to sell them.

Kind of like the suckers that purchased homes in a subdivision where the builders still building years later, and you now try to sell your resale home, how can you compete with the builder who now has to much inventory and is giving the buyer a brand new home with incentives.

Should have got a Harley, that's whats 98% of people ride around here, and they still sell like hotcakes around here.

This is great reading for anybody thinking about a Goldwing, think twice.

For those of you who buy a $20,000+ motorcycle on credit, your used to giving money away, so good luck selling when you owe more than you can sell for. Just saying.........

If it sounds like I'm piss off, I am. But It's my fault for buying a Goldwing.

Goodbye.:thumbsdown:

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
imported post

The problem you have Motorgold, IMHO, is that anyone in a position to spend 18K on a motorcycle can probably spend enough more to get a new one with full warranty, etc. I find it hard to believe that slightly used, stock Harleys are bringing 18K in your area.

With Ebay and CL, you have a nationwide market for your bike and you can list it for sale on this site too. Good Luck!

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

motorgold wrote:
Well I guess buying a Goldwing was a mistake, Looks like there are way to many leftover gl1800's that the dealing can't give them away, in short Honda screwed us all by overpricing the bikes in the first place, than having to take $3000 to 4000 off to sell them.

Kind of like the suckers that purchased homes in a subdivision where the builders still building years later, and you now try to sell your resale home, how can you compete with the builder who now has to much inventory and is giving the buyer a brand new home with incentives.

Should have got a Harley, that's whats 98% of people ride around here, and they still sell like hotcakes around here.

For those of you who buy a $20,000+ motorcycle on credit, your used to giving money away, so good luck selling when you owe more than you can sell for. Just saying.........

If you bought a Goldwing with plans to flip it and make a profit Then ya you made a mistake. If you had bought it with plans to drive the worlds most comfortable touring bike for 20 years and then pass it on to one of your kids, then the Harley would have been a mistake. Not to mention, at least were I live, sometimes it get cloudy so a Harley is not practical for me cuz as far as I can tell they don't run when it's cloudy.

You seem to be missing the whole point of riding a bike. Goldwing or Harley, the profit is not monetary it's physiological. So I hope you enjoy driving your Chevy Suburban (Wait until you try and sell that if you think the return on a Goldwing is bad) And I hope all of your other investment work out better for you.

Most Goldwing riders don't ride Goldwings because the people in the area ride them, we ride them because it's the best way to do what we love to do.

Good Luck

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
imported post

motorgold wrote:

No owning one is supposed to be a stress reliever not cause more the brand shouldn't matter.So take her out for a spin and if that don't getit done for you than there will be a 99 percentile around there money might get what ya want not what ya need.:action:

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
imported post

looks like the harleys have the same problems selling as the goldwings.

http://motors.completed.shop.ebay.com/Motorcycles-/6024/i.html?rt=nc&LH_Complete=1&_nkw=09%20ultra%20classic&_catref=1&_dmpt=US_motorcycles&_fln=1&_trksid=p4506.c0.m283

http://motors.completed.shop.ebay.com/Motorcycles-/6024/i.html?rt=nc&LH_Complete=1&_nkw=09%20goldwing&_catref=1&_dmpt=US_motorcycles&_fln=1&_trksid=p4506.c0.m283

the problem with selling a close to new bike is that most people will need to finance it and it is just easier to get that done at a dealership.

when I was looking to buy a trike, I looked at several used ones and the reason that I went ahead and bought a new one was because the used ones were not discounted enough to offset the differences in the finance rates.

the best rates that I could get at a bank on a used one was 8.9 %. honda gave me 0.9% on a new one. when financing $20,000, 8% difference in the interest rate equates to a lot of money.

there are some follks out there that won't think about it like that and there are some that simply have the cash, so it will eventually sell, but the brand is not the problem.

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

Over here in the North west Harleys are going for CHEAP, if you can even sell them.

We have had a couple dealerships close.:?

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
imported post

I honestly think if I had $18000 for a 2 year old used Goldwing and a new one was only $2000-$3000 more, I would go for the new one. I would put the $18k down and pay the rest interest free over a year or two.

·
Premium Member
20,585 Posts
imported post

:eyeball::eyeball:

·
Canada Bob
461 Posts
imported post

Well I guess I have been told. It appears my questioning his logic in being upset has turned into that I and the rest of my Canadian brothers want the US to fail......

Damn someone smart enough to catch on to our master plan. Myself and the rest of the Beaver Brigrade, up here in Canada, are now attempting to subvert the US economy by making morons buy motorcycles they cant sell or are unable to, or lack the skill to ride.

So I have about a dozen hot pink Vespas, do I have any takers, perhaps someone that needs a brand associated with riding outlaws to make them feel important. Yes thats right, all you Vespa and moped gangsters it is you I speak of. ( go to google and search Vespa Gangs before you get mad again)

Motorgold, so I see the truth is a problem, I stated only what I saw at the beginning, you joined and then put it up for sale. It was stated that the for sale section is some where else. You're bright I am sure you could of found it. Its ok to be frustrated as that is life and yeah you want to move the bike but it isnt moving and you vent your anger about buying a Gold Wing here on a site dedicated to Gold Wing riders and fans. I am surprised that no one else took you to task before I did, so I called you on it and you go all "Wyoming wild" on me and tried to hurt my feelings!!! Man don't post something you dont want to answer for, or if you answer, at least answer like an adult. I am sorry that I will not continue to slug it out here with you, and thanks to the mod for removing the post not that it really hurt my feelings too much:sadguy:. buy I am thinking of asking Flyone for a hug :needahug:.

Fly, will you help a Canadian brother out??

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

Flyone is a cod kissing Canuck now, I would ask for a hug to but I am afraid if the 2 of us were too close we might throw off the rotation of the earth. :cheesygrin::cheesygrin:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.