Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

How old are you?

• Total voters
61 - 80 of 254 Posts

·
Premium Member
55,844 Posts
75, still plan on my 18/ 20k miles a year and doing our 2 up 3 to 4k mile trips..

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
At one point I had doubts that I would see 40, (lifestyle). Now I'm going on 50.
Where did the time go?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I feel pretty good being 26. Oh wait a minute due to my Allzheimer's I forgot I have dyslexia so I guess im 62.

·
Premium Member
1,763 Posts
Well, I thought I might be the oldest, but I see a few are a bit older than me... 68, with the last 25 years on Wings and feel like 30, er, well, some days I feel like 30... Glad to see us "old guys" are still riding... I'm gonna ride until I "cash in my chips"!!!

Les

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
I'm 46, almost 47.

But I have a track day coming up in less than two weeks. Each one of those subtracts a couple of decades. :)

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,230 Posts
45. Got first Wing around age 22, maybe 23. A basket case '78.

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
57 here. Been a concrete mixer driver since 1995 in Alaska, it keeps you in shape especially during the mad summer rush when I'm driving 12 hours a day and then having to put chutes on and off all day long, climbing up the ladder to do the washouts PLUS being the head chief honcho that keeps all the other trucks and equipment running.

But I have been off season since last december and working on my bikes this winter and I may possibly not be driving truck anymore as I am hoping to get my "SteelHorse" business full time. Waiting on legal papers right now for a new shop and facility.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I used to say that I'm older than dirt. You see, there wasn't any dirt when I came around. You youngsters brought it all with you to plant flowers, and messed everything up.

Today, I don't know what to say. You see, I recently had a new disease found in me as the very first in whom it has been found. Doctors believe that it has been around for many years, but finally diagnosed it in me. They gave it a new name.
It is called the A.S.S. Syndrome!
(Alzheimmers,
Senility,
Stupidity.)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Back in the days when I was an MSF instructor I was often asked what I thought about the Goldwing. I always said it was a fine bike, but I wasn't nearly old enough yet to own one. I'll be getting my first one shortly, right in time for my 71st birthday! So, I guess I am old enough now.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Now now, the Goldwing isn't just for you old folks.

I'm 26, (27 in two months) My wing is older than me! lol

But she was my dads bike and I grew up on the back, he upgraded to a 2010 a few years back and she became all mine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
36 this month. By most of the posts here I would say I bought a bike I can retire on????? Sorry could not pass that one up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I met Phil Davidson a couple months back in a Harrisonburg (Va.) Applebees. Got to talking with him and his son Jeff. He showed me pics of his '29 HD he rode back in '39. He is a vibrant 95 years young, rides his Honda Shadow Aero (I believe), could be Sabre, every chance he gets. (he was feeling down because he couldn't ride due to surgery he'd just had). Son insisted he give up his 'Wing around 8-9 years ago. Wouldn't have believed it without the ton of pics he carries with him. A retired Marine, he told me quite a story and I was so captivated, I didn't have time to eat. In my book, a true American hero.
BTW, I'm feeling younger than my 66 y.o. since our conversation, and look forward to my next 29 years of riding.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Age? How can we accurately describe our age to others, we only know inside how old we are. The young women who still turn our heads are the first misunderstand how young we truly are, it's their loss.
As for me I try to concentrate more on want I want to do than worry about how many years I have been doing it.
As my girl friend says, just shut up and do it too it!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

61 - 80 of 254 Posts