Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
58,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How secure is your PC?

Here is a link for you to click on to find out.

Here is my laptop using Firefox, and some Addons to stop trackers.
it is called Trace - Online Tracking Protection

I use uBlock Origin to stop Adverts from getting in my face.

here is my Addons

here is my Test Results for being Tracked:

and I was also concerned about my Smartphone, so I clicked on the link above and it matches my laptop.... wow!
I have a Verizon Virus/Tracking app on the phone, and I have a VPN app on it also that stops snoopers from listening to me at the Fast Food joints when I use their Free WiFi services.

not too shabby, I am better off than I thought.

but, here is what got me started on this, and the results are absolutely pathetic....

the apps on our phone are selling us out..... totally ignoring the 'NO' permissions that we setup.

.https://www.cnet.com/news/your-phone-talks-about-you-behind-your-back-these-researchers-are-listening-in/

·
Registered
259 Posts
I literally laughed out loud at this... The biggest security hole in any company is users who click unknown links.

So to post "How secure is your PC. Here's a link to find out" is, in that context, quite hilarious. It would be even funnier if it went to a website that just said "No, but don't blame the computer". ;)

But it looks like a cool program and it's a noble cause, even if I'm going to take my own advice and not click it. And thank you for posting your extensions, some of them look interesting.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I have a solution for the phone (iPhone 7 provided by work), I don't use it for anything but phone calls and checking work e-mail (push delivery from the office, not web-mail). Hate texting, have no apps installed (other than those required by work) and doing anything on the web in the phone is cumbersome, so I pretty much stay off the web in the phone. Hard to see anyway and my "phone typing" is very slow. I'd rather use a computer. My personal cell is just an old flip-phone with internet data plan and texting disabled.

I also use "Ghostery" in addition to "uBlock"...

·
Administrator
58,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a Note8 with a large screen, I also increased the system font size so I can see text easier.

I was very pleased that the two note apps I use are totally clean.

I am using the Note8 now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts