Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

hi every body

can any body help me by showing me how to change front brake bad > i removed the brake but the bad stick on the the brake and i cant chang it

i am now in egypt and i have problem with front brake bad now i am so far from my country to take my bike to shop and i dont know any shop in egypt

can any body help me

·
Administrator
26,169 Posts
imported post

There are pins that hold the pads in the caliper. There are plugs over the ends of the pins on the outside of the caliper and the pins are threaded into the caliper. Remove the plugs and unscrew the pins and the pads should come out.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

:waving:I think you mean you have removed the brake caliper. Look at it closely and you will see some plugs in the side of the caliper. Under these are brake pad pins you have to remove and if you are on the front on one side you also have to remove the anti-dive bolt.

Then just pop them out with a flat blade screwdriver.

Up to you how far you need to take it, stone the rotors and or rebuild the calipers, should at the very least clean them up good and clean the leading edge of the caliper pistons well and blow them out with compressed air before compressing them into the caliper to install the new pads, that stops trash from scoring the pistons.

But think you need to take the caliper plugs out/off and remove the pad pins.

Hope this helps.

Kit

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

i may or may not have the information that you need. but heres what i would do---take off the caliper covers ( plastic ) look inside the caliper and see if you have a ridge worn at the out side of the rotor where the pads dont wear . if so , to clear this ridge to remove caliper and pads it will be necceary to compress the pistons back in to the caliper bores a bit. this can be done with a screw driver ( flat bladed ) fitted between the pads and pulled back an forth to drive the pistons back into there bores a little . hope this does not confuse you . you may also need to replace the rotor if it out of specs.
good luck with it too.

d-m hunt a peck .

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
imported post

Hi There,
I just copied and pasted the repair manual concerning brake caliper pad replacement procedures; it includes drawings. I hope this helps!

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

I can't help you with the brake problems.......but William....you got it going on brother!!!! Did they come with the 6 pack????:cooldevil::cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Thank you brother even if you did not help me the make me feels I hove goooooooooood friend they can ask and help me

Thank you for responding my question

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Special Thank for treker8098 I follow all procedure which was in your e mail and I fixed the problem ( the problem was 2 small not I did not notice it after. After I removed caliper I opened the brake bad easily and I famished installing the brake bad so thanks for every body on this site

Thank you for your responding my question

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.