Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to change antifreeze in 2006 Goldwing with roadsmith trike conversion with out taking off the front cowl

·
Administrator
24,508 Posts
Yes, the drain plug is Just above the oil filter and you remove the right fairing pocket to get to the radiator cap.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok so your saying I can do this without taking off front cowl. This is my first 1800 so is all new to me! I know the 1500 very well from front to back! A friend of mine in Missouri bought it on an estate sale and talked me into buying it. Since they were predicting single digit temps made me think to check antifreeze! My friend told me about the right pocket to get to the cap. This bike had been sitting for 2 year after the owner passed away. So I am going to change oil also. I suppose with the oil filter off I may be able to get to drain plug then?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked the anti freeze the evening they were predicting single digit temps and it had a little color but would not even register on my tester! So I had to load it up in my enclosed trailer and put a space heater in it to keep it from freezing! Thanks for the reply. I am going to try to do this today.

·
Administrator
24,508 Posts
Ok so your saying I can do this without taking off front cowl. This is my first 1800 so is all new to me! I know the 1500 very well from front to back! A friend of mine in Missouri bought it on an estate sale and talked me into buying it. Since they were predicting single digit temps made me think to check antifreeze! My friend told me about the right pocket to get to the cap. This bike had been sitting for 2 year after the owner passed away. So I am going to change oil also. I suppose with the oil filter off I may be able to get to drain plug then?
It will be easier with the filter off but not necessary.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Could just pull the drain plug and drain the old coolant out, then you could dispense with the space heater. What little coolant left in the engine after draining won't hurt anything, even if it freezes.

Just don't forget to refill with coolant when it warms back up... :oops:

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
Could just pull the drain plug and drain the old coolant out, then you could dispense with the space heater. What little coolant left in the engine after draining won't hurt anything, even if it freezes.

Just don't forget to refill with coolant when it warms back up... :oops:

Yeah, Just like some folks used to drain the water out of the 'ole Model T's and Model A's in the winter time back in the day.....!:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts