Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Now what? I took off mufflerS and exaust chamber and from the mufflers there is a world of mess coming out of it, chamber muffler has a sound wheni shake it like there are little stones inside...

A bike from 1995 .... There is any way to clean the mufflers and chamber exaust inside from all this carbon monoxide depisites?

Hope this question will give good answers to who ever has my same problem.

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
imported post

What sounds like little stones rattling around inside your exhaust is probably rust. I replaced an exhaust pipe on my 1500 this summer (the other had been replaced to safety it just before I bought it). I was shocked at how much loose rust was in the old exhaust pipe... and there was NO visible rust on the outside. Obviously the baffles inside were pretty much rusted away. I don't think you're really able to clean or empty the inside crap out of it without cutting open (and ruining) the pipe itself.

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

you see? The pipes are fine, and i mean the first part on both sides but then the compensation chamber before the mufflers is in awful conditions, tIll to the point that i will have to redo the intake ring... So rusted that is almost all gone!
Then the mufflers have all kinds of rusted crap inside... Rattling noises exc...

I duNno if there is any chemical to pour inside??

If the all problem would be the mufflers... I can have them redone easy here but comp. Exaust chamber no way! And i don't want a sort of direct line without the comp. Chamber.... I have a gw otherwise i would have bought an harley lol!

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
imported post

Suggest spending the money to replace the works. Not cheap, but worth it IMO. I was considering aftermarket exhaust, but went with OEM... I like it quiet.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

That collector is the exhaust chamber collector. You can find them on ebay. Might find one through Honda. Replace it.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
imported post

You can make a set of pipes to replace the collector and Harley division take offs go to a Harley shop and ask a service mang. what they do with the new take Offs.
I got a set of take offs from a soft tail for free. Used them On my 78
Gl1000 and I will do the same for my 89 gl 1500
There are some post on here about that

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.