Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I've got an '83 Goldwing and want to remove the antennas. I can see how to get them off the rails they're mounted to, but how to detach the cable without cutting it? Or will the antennas themselves screw out of the brackets that hold them?

·
Loyal member
276 Posts
imported post

I have an 84 aspy and the antennas screw off the mount,however be very careful you do not let the wires twist or they will break.Been there done that!

·
Village Whack Job...
7,907 Posts
imported post

If you want to only remove the antenna, just unscrew it from the mount. If you want to remove the mount as well there are two bolts with 10mm heads that hold each mount to the trunk rack.

if you want to remove the antennas and use the mounts form something else the wire will pull through the tube if you remove the rubber grommets. Be careful as it is a pretty tight fit for the plugs on the radio end.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

moonhead wrote:
I have an 84 aspy and the antennas screw off the mount,however be very careful you do not let the wires twist or they will break.Been there done that!
Thank you folks for letting me know. Mine didn't even screw in. It looks like they may have been glued, but they aren't threaded.

Can I get a backrest like yours for my bike, and if so what do I look for? Here's a pic of it:

http://is.gd/hRiNDJ

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

How much do you want for the backrest? My bike is brown, so how could I get the backrest to match?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.