Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

1) How can I get the build date of a Goldwing?

Where I live there are a number of new Goldwings (black, white and burgundy) suddenly in showrooms. They are very heavily discounted-10thous.. But, with nothing built 2010 (as I understand it) these could have been around somewhere for a couple of years or more.

2) If I may- would you buy one? Even if it might actually be 2-3 years old?
I'm tempted, as my Valk trade and the list price would get me in $ OK.
Many thanks for any comments.

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

That's happening here too. I think they have 2008 models. I'd like a 2009 for the better Sat Nav that takes CF cards. Honda in Ireland don't seem to know what model years they are selling, or they just aren't saying.

·
Administrator
26,157 Posts
imported post

The production date is on the tag on the left of the steering head.
Yes I would buy one 2 or 3 years old.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

FitzAl wrote:
That's happening here too. I think they have 2008 models. I'd like a 2009 for the better Sat Nav that takes CF cards. Honda in Ireland don't seem to know what model years they are selling, or they just aren't saying.
They are selling 2007 models , I had a guy wanted to trade in a 2007 red one for a new 2011 and I rang Honda and they said they had a"NEW"2007 in red ,I only need to get about 10 grand of the customer to let him change for what he already had :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

·
Trike Master
1,247 Posts
imported post

I would ask for all fluids to be changed and a new battery installed in a bike that has been setting around since 2009 or longer. The 2010's were built in 2009 in Marysville, Ohio, USA just before the plant was closed to send everything back to Japan.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thats a great help from all- many thanks.
That pre-service is a good idea too.
Cheers from Downunder

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

I guess if they are discounted by 10k for a "new" 2007, that's a good deal. Used 2007 models are gonna cost about the same, ie $10k less than when new, so one out of the wrapper with zero miles for the same money would be an attractive buy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.