Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Foam rubber wind damns, How in the heck do you install these where they stay?

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
imported post

I have nothing to say the picture explains everything...

Attachments

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Install them from underneath the front of the fairing

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
imported post

They are a push fit, you don't need to glue or tape them. Fit them from the bottom and push them up, then check at the top that the cables and wires all run freely.

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
imported post

Sorry, I should have said something... I had no idea how to actually solve the problem the Duct tape was just a joke, and I meant to edit to say that someone would be along shortly with an answer...

KG
Macabre Character

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

I used the tunnel fillers for a while, but stopped using them because they pull the cables too tightly.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

Would they work better around the cables if they were thinner?

I am thinking about making a set, I have some old junk foam rubber here, should be easy enough to cut to shape to fit.

Are they actually worth bothering with? Do they cause any problems like getting wet and holding water where we don't want it?

My reason for using them is more to stop road junk than wind rain, though for cold weather stopping wind might be good.
I have several times road through new construction where there was loose tar "pellets" and somehow got hit in face.
All I can figure is the stuff came up around the forks somehow since the way I was hit it should not have got past windshield.
Still not sure how it got past my rear fender or lower extension to come up though fork opening though?

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

Macabre Character wrote:
Sorry,   I should have said something...   I had no idea how to actually solve the problem   the Duct tape was just a joke,   and I meant to edit to say that someone would be along shortly with an answer...

KG
                     Macabre Character
No Joke that's my favorite tool. When I was in the Navy we called it 3000 psi tape. It was on everything like paint.:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

·
Administrator
26,564 Posts
imported post

englishted wrote:
I used the tunnel fillers for a while, but stopped using them because they pull the cables too tightly.
How do they interfere with the cables? There are no cables anywhere near mine.

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
imported post

DaveO430 wrote:
englishted wrote:
How do they interfere with the cables? There are no cables anywhere near mine.
They rubbed on the throttle cables on mine. No big deal, I just trimmed a piece out of the foam.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
imported post

What the heck is with all the animosity. The guy asked a question about his 1800, and I answered.
:18black:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.