Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

First off...HIYA!

I am the now the proud "owner" of a '93 GW. I have confiscated it from my Dad who is out of state :p. I figured he wouldn't be needing it for a while.

Okay...onto my question. How do you replace the Front Speakers (ie, get the dash off), and how do I install Rear Speakers when that option was not gotten with the bike?

Thanks in advance,

KillJOy

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

:waving::waving:Welcome to the Best Goldwing Site on the Internet KillJoy!:waving::waving:

Replacing the front speakers requires removing the mirrors, mirror rings just inboard of the rubber covers, windshield bezel, windshield, headlight adjust knob and control, and the upper left and right vents. After that the dash panel lifts off. I'd recommend getting a Clymer Manual before tackling the job. If you do a search on speedometer cable replacement or it might have been instrument bulb replacement I had a post that more or less gave a blow by blow description of pulling off the dash panel.

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
imported post

Rear speaker kits can be purchased aftermarket or from Honda.

The Honda ones have better wiring, both are just plug and play, Hondas have very detailed instructions with them

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

You can buy aftermarket ones lots cheaper, with all the wiring and connectors in place already. If your wing is not an SE, then you should buy the Add-on speaker kit with the fader control.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.